Gatwick North Fast Track

Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
Gatwick North Fast Track

I think I've read a previous thread saying that this was restricted to Club & First passengers only.

It now appears to be open to silver and gold card holders too :-) Just show your boarding card.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sph77
I think I've read a previous thread ...
This one, perhaps? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17155257-post41.html

But it's good news if no sticker is required any longer.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Definitely the case. I have just been showing my Android BP with 'Silver' marked on it since around November or December. Prior to that a sticker was required.

And I saw a couple being turned back this week. Not that I was engaging in any form of schadenfreude, but it was good to see the rules being enforced.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
it's no faster at LGW as they are already pretty fast
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:25 am
Suspended

Come back and say that when the summer holiday season kicks off!

The main security area was never a pleasant place to be, especially once the children were off school. Premium Gatwick I find a lot smoother, but maybe that's simply because most of the other pax know what they're doing at an airport...?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Although we avoid the school holiday periods, I have to say that in Apr/May and Sep/Oct the Premium Gatwick experience is simply excellent.

And, as dark_horse says, the people using it know what they're doing. That is, IME, the biggest Global problem with Security anywhere ... lemmings, grockle and the terminally dim.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:15 pm
Suspended

I believe the term "muggles" has affectionately been used before.

Not that I know what that means, of course. I'm far too old...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It was closed when I was there last week.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
We went through Gatwick North 'Premium' at approx 1pm last friday and there was no one else in the queue (when we got there). It was superb!

We were two Silvers flying in Economy with 4 family 'muggles'. It was very pleasant to share some of the benefits of BAEC with the family, and especially my father, now retired, but who was Gold flying CE twice a week in his last job.

Very handy being the shortcut between A check in, and the lounge, and although I try to fly at the quieter times of the day I have never met zero queue at normal Gatwick Security.

We had our boarding cards printed for us at Check in (actually was the First desk!) but ours didn't say Silver or Priority, but the Check in guy was very happy to put the little stickers on for us, which worked a treat.

Last edited by windsock; Mar 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm Reason: error
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Went through on Sunday morning and was very disappointed. The queue went all the way back to the entrance and the process took about 20 mins. I took a peek at the normal security and it was empty
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by windsock
We were two Silvers flying in Economy with 4 family 'muggles'. It was very pleasant to share some of the benefits of BAEC with the family, and especially my father, now retired, but who was Gold flying CE twice a week in his last job.
That's abuse of the system as far as I'm concerned. At most there should be a +1 policy, otherwise you're left with huge groups going through wheer only 1 person has status...

Originally Posted by Chris C
Went through on Sunday morning and was very disappointed. The queue went all the way back to the entrance and the process took about 20 mins. I took a peek at the normal security and it was empty
And this is the upshot I guess

(Said as someone without status who has paid far too much to fly the family in J out of Gatwick on BA).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.