Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old May 3, 10, 5:26 pm   #1

Programs: BA Gold...Aah how nice! HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,AA Yellow + Tesco
Avis Priority Rental free to GCHs at T5

Had a search and didn't see this mentioned...

On the www.avisba.com home page it mentions a new complimentary service for BA Gold Card Holders.

It allows you to pick up the Avis hire car right outside arrivals rather than having to get the bus to the Avis hire desk.
Aerotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 10, 11:51 pm   #2

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, BA Silver, Flying Blue & LH lowest of the low

It's a very long way from T5 to the Avis depot, so would be nice to shave 30 mins off my journey. I just hope that when you collect your car from outside T5 they don't try and palm off on you the crap cars, claiming that the decent cars are all back at base.

Why is that when I book an Avis car the Enterprise (or any other rental car company) bus comes by three times while I am waiting outside T5 for Avis to arrive, but then when I finally book Enterprise (or another rental car company) the Avis bus turns up within two minutes and a further three times while I am waiting for Enterprise?
flyingbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 10, 7:14 am   #3
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Hah it's always the way bee unfort..!!

I agree - I always prefer to pick up the car from the depot as then you can argue status and get the car you want or an upgrade.
BMK is offline   Reply With Quote