Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
OH and I both applied and had successful application within about 30 seconds (I have a BA AMEX. OH just cancelled 3 AMEXs to make sure it went through).
40000 BA miles for £50
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Excellent, thanks for the heads up.

Applied and got the 'unable to process' message, I've got a plat card and BA Amex, of which I only really use the Plat Card. Will be interesting to see what stops the automated approval.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Darn and blast!
Just tell them you work for BA and they'll assume you earn £65K - well over the £20K limit
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: BA IHG
edit: I now see littlevoices post where this was already posted on the previous page.
Originally Posted by Raffles
The card also gives DOUBLE POINTS on all travel spend (flights, hotels, car hire) which could be attractive - that is 2 BA Miles per £1 on travel expenditure which is better than the BA Amex for non-BA flights.
It also says:
First year bonus
Spend just like normal on the things you buy every day like groceries and petrol and as a first year bonus, you'll earn double Membership Rewards points to spend on what you want.

Important Information
4. You will accrue Membership Rewards Points for transactions (other than cash advances ) charged and billed to your account at the following rates:
1 point for virtually every full pound charged per transaction.
You will also accrue Points in addition to this for certain transaction at the rate of 2 Points for virtually every full pound charged per transactions at major airline, car hire, rail, cruise, lodging and travel package / agencies.

You will also accrue Points in addition to this for certain transactions made in a currency other than UK Sterling for every full pound charged.

5. You will accrue Points in addition to this for certain transactions at the rate of 1 Point for virtually every full pound charged per transaction at major supermarkets and petrol stations for your first year of cardmembership.
It's not crystal clear but that implies,
1) 1 normal point per pound + 2 additional points for Travel
2) 1 normal point per pound + 1 additional point for groceries + petrol

I'm sure travel is only 2xMR (not 3) - but possibly groceries+petrol are also 2xMR due to the first year bonus .... ?

Last edited by cmcbugg; Apr 17, 2010 at 10:27 am
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I hate it when you guys celebrate one of these UK only promotions...

Congrats though.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by henkybaby

Congrats though.

It's hard on continental Europe I guess. All the good promotions seem to be for the US (100000 miles BA credit card etc)
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:38 pm

Thanks OP, I'm a current BA Amex and Platinum Charge card holder, application approved in seconds.

This will be a useful bump in my mileage balance.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby

Congrats though.
Same sentiments here. But good for you!

Nothing like this being offered in the USA, is there?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:20 pm
hcw

Great find, thanks for the heads up.

Applied and approved. Now waiting for card and cashback. It's also my first time using a cashback scheme, chose topcashback over quidco after reading the T&C.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Nothing like this being offered in the USA, is there?
You mean appart from that BA one a couple of months back that price123 mentions? I really don't think US based BA members can complain, not with the K ups etc.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Er, um, yes, there was that 100K offer...
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:48 pm

Just applied and got the unable to provide a decision response.
Strange, as I have the plat credit card and been told in the past that i was eligible for the plat charge card. Probably to do with me moving every year for the past 5 years.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by S-Express
Thanks OP, I'm a current BA Amex and Platinum Charge card holder, application approved in seconds.
Oh, perhaps there is hope for me then!

However, too risky to apply for now as just moved house and need to wait for the council tax / electoral register matches to kick in. Promo runs until 7th June so no rush, unless Quidco pull the £60.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: Carlson Club Concierge, BAEC Gold, LH M&M *S, Marco Polo Gold
Thanks for the post Raffles and Roger!

Application took about 2 minutes and approved straight away - I already have a Plat Amex and a BMI MBNA Amex. 20,000 MR points to convert into mileage
Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for this excellent post, Raffles!

Just applied through TopCashback - took about 5 minutes and my application was approved straightaway.

Also have a BA Premium Plus and BMI Amex through MBNA.

Next question is where to credit the MR points to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.