Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turnaround in Muscat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Turnaround in Muscat

Doing a turnaround on BA73/BA72 in F in early April . Can I transfer airside at Muscat & go straight to the Oman Air lounge without the need for getting a visa?

Many thanks
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
I'm pretty sure that you have to get the visa and pass immigration. It's been a while since I've done it though.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:50 am

The plane cleaning gets done in Abu Dhabi, so I'd just nip into one of the toilets while everyone is getting off. Alternatively, how about a cuppa with the crew in the cockpit?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:56 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by muscat
The plane cleaning gets done in Abu Dhabi, so I'd just nip into one of the toilets while everyone is getting off. Alternatively, how about a cuppa with the crew in the cockpit?
it seems you've never done a MR
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:01 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by col747uk
Doing a turnaround on BA73/BA72 in F in early April . Can I transfer airside at Muscat & go straight to the Oman Air lounge without the need for getting a visa?

Many thanks
Yes. In fact, if like me with Israeli stamps in your passport, that's your sole option.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by col747uk

Many thanks
Yes you can. Just after getting off the bus at muscat airport don't go to immigration counters. just follow the sign saying flight transit and proceed to connecting flight counter after taking the stairs and then present them with your incoming flight boarding pass(it is very essential to show it to the counter staff) and your ticket for the return to AUH. They will provide you with the return boarding pass on the spot and then you will go through security and then you may proceed to the lounge.

By the way, the information provided above are based on actual experience.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Yes. In fact, if like me with Israeli stamps in your passport, that's your sole option.
Incorrect.
You can enter Oman with Israeli stamps in your passport.

In fact, I believe you can enter with an Israeli passport (although visa would not be available on demand at the airport) - have a look at the membership of The Middle East Desalination Research Center, which is Oman based:

http://www.medrc.org/index.cfm?area=...utive_Council2
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Yes you can. Just after getting off the bus at muscat airport don't go to immigration counters. just follow the sign saying flight transit and proceed to connecting flight counter after taking the stairs and then present them with your incoming flight boarding pass(it is very essential to show it to the counter staff) and your ticket for the return to AUH. They will provide you with the return boarding pass on the spot and then you will go through security and then you may proceed to the lounge.

By the way, the information provided above are based on actual experience.

Hi,

Likewise I did the exact same thing twice during 2008.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
OT, what is the lounge like at MCT and the inflight service in F between AUH and MCT? Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:33 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by muscat
Incorrect.
You can enter Oman with Israeli stamps in your passport.

In fact, I believe you can enter with an Israeli passport (although visa would not be available on demand at the airport) - have a look at the membership of The Middle East Desalination Research Center, which is Oman based:

http://www.medrc.org/index.cfm?area=...utive_Council2
If you say so. That's not what they told me at MCT one night about a year ago.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
OT, what is the lounge like at MCT and the inflight service in F between AUH and MCT? Thanks.
Hi,

The lounge is an Oman air lounge;

Not bad, reasonable selection of snacks and food ( ie sandwiches, yoghurt) , coffee and drinks. Can be busy as a lot of the flights leave around the same time.
Three slowish pcs IIRC. ( free)

Service on board: Champagne prior to departure and choice of drinks after take off ( ie more champagne) and canapes.
You can ask for pj's and a washbag on this leg .

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The lounge is an Oman air lounge;

Not bad, reasonable selection of snacks and food ( ie sandwiches, yoghurt) , coffee and drinks. TBS
White wine only, no red, 2 weeks ago; nice fruit; very crowded, as TBS says. But comfy enough.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks The _Banking_Scot and Fruitcake.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
The Oman Air lounge is the only one in which I have ever been asked by the lounge dragon to select a type of incense to be burned in the lounge that evening
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/9244826-post257.html
Several at Muscat, but not recently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.