Can I checkin a TV in BA international flight?

Subscribe
Quote: HIDDY - don't tell me you didn't realise that before leaving the Gorbals for the Pampas.
I was 99% sure it wouldn't but to be honest I had other far important things on my mind at the time so just threw it in the container.
It's still sitting here doing nothing however I believe there is some sort of contraption that you can get that fits on the aerial socket (I think) which will make it work.
Quote: I would really not recommend trying to transporrt something so fragile as checked luggage.
I've transported my LCD computer monitors on about six or seven flights as checked baggage so far and they've survived fine. But I did worry that they might not. I did pack them in the original box though.

My logic was that they would have been transported at some point in their life in the original packaging and survived so far, so they'd probably survive an extra trip.
....thought the OP meant a transvestite for a moment, so wondered why they couldn't check themselves in
It's still not clear to me if there is any additional baggage charge for carrying a TV. ba.com talks about a weight limit of 23kg, a standard size bag (35.5ins x 29.5ins x 16ins) and a non-standard sized bag (75ins x 29.5ins x 25.5ins) but does not say if non-standard incurs any extra charges.

Assuming that the baggage is under 23kg, why would the passenger be interested if BA considered a piece of baggage to be standard or non-standard if there is no additional charge?
Quote: It's still not clear to me if there is any additional baggage charge for carrying a TV. ba.com talks about a weight limit of 23kg, a standard size bag (35.5ins x 29.5ins x 16ins) and a non-standard sized bag (75ins x 29.5ins x 25.5ins) but does not say if non-standard incurs any extra charges.

Assuming that the baggage is under 23kg, why would the passenger be interested if BA considered a piece of baggage to be standard or non-standard if there is no additional charge?
imagine me trying to send 23kg of uncompressed helium
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I meant that if the weight was under 23kg AND the dimensions were under the higher, non-standard limits, why would I as a passenger care how BA classify it unless there is a charge. I am actually trying to ascertain if any charge is applicable under these circumstances.
What gender is his ticket? It is masculine in several romance languages. Actually most members of the male sex are also masculine in romance languages, unless they're not, in which case the verb is often masculine anyway, unless they're genetically female in which case the verb tends to be female too.

Any way, the LED TV makes it in luggage if it meets the size and weight limits. The duties at the other end are the OP's problem.
Check in 46 inch. Samsung LED TV
Hi,

I am planning to take 46 inch. Samsung LED TV to India using British Airways. The overall weight of the shipping is 68 pounds (31 KG).

I am allowed to check in 2 bags. I am only checking in one bag and instead of the second bag, I am going to check in the TV.
Since its over the allowed weight of 23 KG, I have to pay extra for it (around 60$).

My only concern is the size of the shipment, I have visited BestBuy here in the US and found that its really huge packing.
As per BA, the size of the bag can at the max be 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75in x 29.5in x 25.5in)

Will this be accepted by BA to check-in? If they have a restriction on the size, will they allow to checkin if I pay another $60 instead of
3rd bag?

Can you please share your experiences?

Thank you very much.
Are you starting a TV import/export business?
Quote:
If you want to take bags which are larger or heavier than the guide given above, you will need to send them as cargo. The only exceptions are musical instruments and film equipment weighing less than 45kg that cannot be broken down and that we have been notified of in advance.
No, I am not doing any business. This are the requests for my friends or family members who wanted TV's from US.
Quote: Hi,

I am planning to take 46 inch. Samsung LED TV to India using British Airways. The overall weight of the shipping is 68 pounds (31 KG).

I am allowed to check in 2 bags. I am only checking in one bag and instead of the second bag, I am going to check in the TV.
Since its over the allowed weight of 23 KG, I have to pay extra for it (around 60$).

My only concern is the size of the shipment, I have visited BestBuy here in the US and found that its really huge packing.
As per BA, the size of the bag can at the max be 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75in x 29.5in x 25.5in)

Will this be accepted by BA to check-in? If they have a restriction on the size, will they allow to checkin if I pay another $60 instead of
3rd bag?

Can you please share your experiences?

Thank you very much.
If it's more than 190 x 75 x 65 (i.e. if it wouldn't fit in a container of that size) then you'll have to send it as cargo. The reason is that at T5 luggage is containerised - put into those large metal containers prior to being loaded on to the aircraft - and extra-large things don't fit the containers. Hence BA not accepting surfboards as checked luggage any more.

I don't know how large the box containing your TV is, but I guess that although you'll be ok with 190cm (width, for a TV) and 65cm (depth), it'll be the 75cm max height that will trip you up. Basically the box will be too "square".
Watch a London to Lagos flight checking in and you will be amazed!!
Are the TV's that are shipped from London to Logan too big than 46"?
I've seen loads of people with TVs in airports. Strangely they are both to and from the UK...

I really don't know how they get on with the excess baggage costs etc. Surely there must be a better way?