BA and E-Rewards.co.uk (BA Miles?)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
BA and E-Rewards.co.uk (BA Miles?)

Ey Up Chuck's!

I do e-rewards online surveys and have a healthy points balance.

When I log on to the home page, I see the BA logo, which I presume is a partner in some respect, however, I see no reference to BA in the rewards that you are able to choose from, it is my imagination, or is it an option to redeem points for BA miles?

Regards,
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Yep, 2000 E-rewards points for 500 BA Miles.
Can't you click on the BA link on the site?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gumbieben
Yep, 2000 E-rewards points for 500 BA Miles.
Can't you click on the BA link on the site?

Nope, once I have logged in, it does not appear any more... and is not listed in the options of rewards that I am able to choose from.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Did you sign up via a BA link? I signed up through a VS link (way before BA were a partner), and so now they are my only airline option for transferring points.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Nope, once I have logged in, it does not appear any more... and is not listed in the options of rewards that I am able to choose from.
Did you sign-up for e-rewards thru BAEC?

I did and the only rewards I can see are 500, 1000 and 2000 BAEC Miles.

ISTR that I could also have signed-up thru BDDC, in which case I expect the only rewards would have been DC miles.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:33 am
k3v

going off topic for a minute.... I signed up for erwards with BMI and BA with very similar details and i get one or two surveys a week with BMI and ai cant remember the last time i got a BA one. Anyon else had a lack of surveys with BA?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:43 am

Also, be aware that the e-rewards points expire on a rolling annual basis. So don't leave them hanging in your account for too long.

I always convert mine (to bmi!) as soon as they reach the minimum level for conversion.

Nigel.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by k3v
going off topic for a minute.... I signed up for erwards with BMI and BA with very similar details and i get one or two surveys a week with BMI and ai cant remember the last time i got a BA one. Anyon else had a lack of surveys with BA?
No, but I signed up through BD and have had a lack of surveys from them recently
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Haven't had a BA one for a few months now.

Edited to add: logged directly in to the site, saw that there were two surveys waiting. Once again, failed to qualify for the full survey. I don't think I've ever qualified for a full survey yet.

Last edited by csdf; Feb 18, 2010 at 6:55 am
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by csdf
Haven't had a BA one for a few months now.

Edited to add: logged directly in to the site, saw that there were two surveys waiting. Once again, failed to qualify for the full survey. I don't think I've ever qualified for a full survey yet.
That does, of course, depend on how you answer the questions - you'll find you qualify for a lot more if you are responsible for a lot of procurement decisions at your place of work, go to the cinema 3 times a week, have 5 children, etc
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:58 am

Although joining e-Rewards is free, you do have to be 'sponsored' by a third party company with whom you already have some relationship.

Your sponsor defines which rewards are available to you under your registration; if you were sponsored by Virgin then your only airline transfer option will be to VS. The same goes for bmi and, of course, if you sign up because you've received an invitation from British Airways, then BA Miles will be your only option.

However, the e-Rewards website isn't quite sophisticated enough to match up some of the flash imagery with each member's specific profile; accordingly, though you may be a British Airways-sponsored member, you may sometimes see KLM, or bmi, or Virgin etc., logos floating across the page.

Tantalising they may be, but out of reach they most certainly are too!

You can only have one e-Rewards account per email address by the way, though I'm not sure if they de-dupe across other name and address lines too, or not.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hmm.... I do not remember how I got to sign up for it...

Maybe I should contact them and ask if it is possible to change something...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:18 am

Bing can you see the BA redeem option here?

http://www.e-rewards.co.uk/rewardspa...?partner=12329

You need to be logged in.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
I signed up via BAEC....now when I log on, only the BA logo shows up on the screen, none of the other Airlines/hotels etc...keep getting emails from Hilton etc to join up to e-rewards...I'll stick with BA on this occasion!

Actually, I redeemed my first 'opinion points' to BA miles today....taken me over a year to get 2000 OP's...but still...free BA miles...can't moan at that!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
That does, of course, depend on how you answer the questions - you'll find you qualify for a lot more if you are responsible for a lot of procurement decisions at your place of work, go to the cinema 3 times a week, have 5 children, etc
That's what I thought. The depressing/joyous (delete as appropriate) thing is that I'm obviously not a target audience for any marketing effort whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.