BA First Suite Inaugural Review

Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Originally Posted by HighLife
I love photo #4 that makes it look like there's a miniature version of the horse lamp with each seat.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Shades will be up for boarding and left for the passenger to decide the position they prefer, they can be up or down for takeoff and landing. I think the only time the crew would use the master switch would be to bring the shades down if the sun comes up and the passenger is asleep and the light is disturbing other passengers. It is also easy for the crew to reach the blind control at each seat. Each seat has a manual backup control.
CIHY
Interesting, and useful if someone has left their blinds up and then would wake everyone up with the dawn.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Just a thought as I am so sick of the crap thermal paper BP that the T5 SSCI machines spit out, do you get a card one in F or not? If not could this be part of the upgrade to facilities?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Just a thought as I am so sick of the crap thermal paper BP that the T5 SSCI machines spit out, do you get a card one in F or not? If not could this be part of the upgrade to facilities?
FFS why ae you sick of these, they are there to get you from the printer to your seat and no more than that. I couldn't give a toss if they are on bog paper. Once I leave the ac or get my bags I never keep them.

Are you a Mr woo woo look at me Mr 1A in my top pocket (The right way up) kind of guy? I f they never printed them and thye worked from my phone I would be fine.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CT-UK
FFS why ae you sick of these, they are there to get you from the printer to your seat and no more than that. I couldn't give a toss if they are on bog paper. Once I leave the ac or get my bags I never keep them.

Are you a Mr woo woo look at me Mr 1A in my top pocket (The right way up) kind of guy? I f they never printed them and thye worked from my phone I would be fine.
No but thanks for the nice comments about me (I'm virtually teetotal so don't drink woo woo). Actually I'm sick of the fact that they don't seem to last through security very well after I've had to hand over my laptop take off my shoes, belt, etc. In my pocket they get scrunched up, then mixed in with other papers in my pocket and are just generally a pain.

I actually needed my boarding passes for an insurance claim recently and untill I found the remains of them at the bottom of my bag I thought they had gone for good.

Oh and they make a rubbish bookmark.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Feb 18, 2010 at 1:48 pm
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I'm with you here. I save all my boarding passes and have a good collection from when I started this 10 years ago. My idea is that I will browse them when I sit in my room at Golden Years Retirement Home

No, not really sure why I collect them, maybe to remember when and where I've travelled. So the consequence is that I never use SSCI at T5. Not much waiting at the normal desk anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And how the hell is anyone going to see whats on my BP unless they actually reach inside my coat and lift it out of the pocket in there?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I'm with you here. I save all my boarding passes and have a good collection from when I started this 10 years ago. .....
Same here ^

I've BP's, menus & other assorted bits 'n' bobs, along with a vast collection of amenity kits & Jim Jams, from the various airlines I've travelled on.

In fact, I've boxes of the stuff
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I have a framed Concorde boarding pass. Wouldn't have been able to do that if it'd been on bog roll.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I have a framed Concorde boarding pass. Wouldn't have been able to do that if it'd been on bog roll.
I have kept all boarding cards since 1999 alas they have nearly all faded as they were printed on that plasticky paper. Shame as my First F ones have seemed to die. I almost prefer saving my PDFs now!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese
I have kept all boarding cards since 1999 alas they have nearly all faded as they were printed on that plasticky paper. Shame as my First F ones have seemed to die. I almost prefer saving my PDFs now!
Yeah I'm saving both the PDF & Printed BP now that OLCI has taken over, but somehow it's just not the same.

On the subject of the older BP's fading, I've thought about embarking on a project of scanning all my old BP's along with associated menus, etc & saving them in folders sorted by year, date & airline.

A laborious task no doubt, but given that I've spent over a week a year or so ago up until 3am every night, sorting out thousands upon thousands of iTunes tracks, making sure that the art work, year of release, spelling, artist, album, etc is absolutely perfect. A couple of hundred BP's to be scanned would be minor by comparison.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by kered
On the subject of the older BP's fading, I've thought about embarking on a project of scanning all my old BP's along with associated menus, etc & saving them in folders sorted by year, date & airline.
Get this: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/c...nap-s1500.html

It saves them as PDFs, and will recognise text as well. I can scan around 150 sheets at a time and it does it within a few minutes - though I've not done it for boarding passes yet, I've used it to scan in loads of old paper photos.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
I envy you, that's one aircraft that I wanted to fly at least once.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Motors
Oh what have you just done

As well as being an OCD afflicted freak (or is that just freak) I'm also a self confessed gadget freak & now you've just shown me yet another gadget sigh................... ^

Edit to add....

Oh and they do a MAC version too
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by kered
Same here ^

I've BP's, menus & other assorted bits 'n' bobs, along with a vast collection of amenity kits & Jim Jams, from the various airlines I've travelled on.

In fact, I've boxes of the stuff
Do you want to come up and see my collection of still in the packets dried out moist towelettes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.