BA First Suite Inaugural Review

Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
I like the 3-degree slant too. Last time I was in F (on a 777) I actually felt that my head was lower than my feet in flight, and that made it difficult to sleep.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
No offense AndyFlyer, but you do get around

http://www.businesstraveller.com/dis...t-Class-Review
Yes, well, look at my last paragraph. There has been so much written there on new BA First, I thought I'd add my tuppence ha'penny...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Thanks for the report! Sounds good, much better than what we have heard and seen so far (perhaps we are all a little jaded?). Sounds like a fantastic evolutionary step, and I am also glad they did not go the way of SQ with the suites.

What are decompression vents? I always thought they were vents throughout the length of the cabin that allowed compressed (and air conditioned) are into the cabin. What do they have to do with the seats just in F?
From what I understand, in the event of cabin decompression, the air gets sucked out via these vents - it stops passengers being sucked out through a window or worse. I'm no aviation expert, just a traveller, so perhaps one of our crew or engineering members could assist in this...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Capricorn70
I like the 3-degree slant too. Last time I was in F (on a 777) I actually felt that my head was lower than my feet in flight, and that made it difficult to sleep.
Should please Spottie as I recall he used to sleep facing backwards in F because of that, much to the annoyance of the odd F Purser.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Should please Spottie as I recall he used to sleep facing backwards in F because of that, much to the annoyance of the odd F Purser.
Ditto Fraser IIRC.

Exactly what I did on that flight too.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
From what I understand, in the event of cabin decompression, the air gets sucked out via these vents - it stops passengers being sucked out through a window or worse. I'm no aviation expert, just a traveller, so perhaps one of our crew or engineering members could assist in this...
In the event of a decompression, the grills allow air to flow through to the sidewall vents and floor blow out panels. If the air cannot escape, the pressure difference could transmit unsafe loads to the aircraft floor, causing it to collapse. Apparently.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:18 pm
Suspended

So a new cabin but no improvements noted to ground handling. A missed opportunity v. the competition, IMO.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by ex-ams
In the event of a decompression, the grills allow air to flow through to the sidewall vents and floor blow out panels. If the air cannot escape, the pressure difference could transmit unsafe loads to the aircraft floor, causing it to collapse. Apparently.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Thanks for the review. I hope the 747 to Miami has it when I Make my F debut in late October.

Of course, now we'll have a thread entitled 'Which aircraft has the new F'!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by botham
Thanks for the review. I hope the 747 to Miami has it when I Make my F debut in late October.

Of course, now we'll have a thread entitled 'Which aircraft has the new F'!
We already do. See this thread.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
We already do. See this thread.
Thank you. That one slipped past my radar!
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks AndyFlyer, for the lovely review. As there is a trend for airlines to reduce the weight of seats (for obvious reasons), how does the new suite's construction compare with the old seat, which has a very solid frame?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the review AndyFlyer.

Glad to hear that the buddy seat has improved in size. ^
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
So a new cabin but no improvements noted to ground handling. A missed opportunity v. the competition, IMO.
But you're not happy with the new cabin anyway, so I can't see how any ground improvements are going to improve your perception any. BA F just doesn't seem to be a good enough option for you.

Here

Here

Here
Old Feb 13, 2010, 9:27 am

Super to read a first-hand report of the new product AndyFlyer and thanks for taking the time to write it.

I'm green with envy, naturally, and I look forward to trying the new cabin out for myself enormously.

A question for you though: did you manage to overhear (m)any other passengers' reactions to the new cabin and, if so, were you able to ascertain whether they were they BA F aficionados, or new to BA F altogether? I'd be fascinated to know what they were saying, too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.