BA First Suite Inaugural Review

Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by heckenhocker
I also wondered about the storage drawer, then noticed that at the bottom of the jacket cupboard there is a well-lit shelf suitable for a laptop / book / PSP / wallet, and also a net pocket in the same cupboard.

This was on a window seat, so rather convenient. I did notice that the middle seats (where the cupboard is to the side, not in front of the passenger) had only the net pocket, not the shelf which on the window seats is effectively under the seat in front. I'll be careful to pick window seats
My New F flights have been either 1A or 1K on 744s. They didn't seem to have the closet unless I missed it.

Having just had an Old F 744 1K flight, the shelf space in the old version is really far superior to New F.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Must admit first time I flew in BA F I was a bit surprised the lavs were on the small side...bit of an effort changing into the PJ's without some elbow banging on the walls.
However....given the choice between having two or one larger one I would always go for having the two smaller ones. TG's F cabin has bags of space yet their lavs are a bit on the small side as well. Don't remember LH's being any bigger either.
The LH 744 lavs seem like they are maybe .25 or .33 larger than normal. The A330 ones seem tight. The A380 is huge as is EK F lav.

CX really has the super larger lavs on 744s in F, but only 8 seats and heaven forbid it is occupied, an FA takes you to a J lav and cuts you in front of the line truly embarrassed that you might have to wait.

Looking at the glass half full, the pajama gymnastic in the BA F lav simply reminds me to stick to my special low cal meal despite the generous offerings of the cabin crew to indulge
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
The LH 744 lavs seem like they are maybe .25 or .33 larger than normal.
They could well be.....the stingy buggers didn't give me any pyjamas. So I didn't get the chance to see if getting into them was any easier in LH toilets.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My New F flights have been either 1A or 1K on 744s. They didn't seem to have the closet unless I missed it.

Having just had an Old F 744 1K flight, the shelf space in the old version is really far superior to New F.
1. IME of NF, I think you did miss it!

2. Yes, absolutely.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
ORD-LHR

Mrs mktozd and I will be flying in First to LHR this summer. Wondering if people would recommend the two seats next to one another or one in front of the other for new first?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by mktozd
Mrs mktozd and I will be flying in First to LHR this summer. Wondering if people would recommend the two seats next to one another or one in front of the other for new first?
Same decision tree as for old first. Do you want to talk throught the flight? Do you want to read/watch movies in solitude etc etc?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by OPebble
Same decision tree as for old first. Do you want to talk throught the flight? Do you want to read/watch movies in solitude etc etc?
We would like to talk through the flight. My concern/question is how seperated are the middle seats? Would we be better to get the middle two, two across the aisle or one front and back? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Your post might be better off in the Seating Queries: First and there may be an answer in that thread already.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
We would like to talk through the flight. My concern/question is how seperated are the middle seats? Would we be better to get the middle two, two across the aisle or one front and back? Thanks.
As before, two middle seats or 1AK if available.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

You did miss the closet - its bolted onto the side of the wardrobe with an extending coat hanger holder that retracts back into the enclosure. I suspect you probably didn't spot it as you naturally just used the main wardrobe!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
As before, two middle seats or 1AK if available.
Any preference for row 1EF or 4EF?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.