Tracking NF [New First]

Subscribe
AS OF JUNE 1, 2016:

RETROFITTING IS COMPLETED. ALL "OF" JETS HAVE BEEN CONVERTED OR WITHDRAWN FROM SERVICE.

IF YOU ARE AFTER GUARANTEED HIGH RES IFE SYSTEM STICK TO 388, 789, 773, OR 17F 772. 25% 14F 772 AND 774s ARE OLD LOW RES IFE.[/B]

388 HAS NF BUT IN A MORE SPACIOUS AND PRIVATE FORMAT (NF+ OR PRIME+). 789 HAS THE MOST UP TO DATE FIRST PRODUCT (NNF) WITH A LARGE FIXED SCREEN AND ONLY 8 SEATS.
www.lhr-lgw.com allows you to follow previous movements.

Edit: Looks like it might be down at the moment though.
Is it possible to turn this in to a sticky like we had for NGCW?
Quote: www.lhr-lgw.com allows you to follow previous movements.

Edit: Looks like it might be down at the moment though.
The web address is http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/
I might be the voice of dissent here and come across all miserable but I can't really see the value of tracking NF just yet, certainly not until 3-4 aircraft have been refitted, and here's why:

- I might be wrong, but I suspect that it's going to be 4-6 weeks at least before we see another aircraft refitted, seeing as no-one has said that an aircraft is going in to be refitted now, and I guess BA will want to iron out any kinks with the one aircraft before rolling out across the fleet. That aircraft could be going to any destination on the BA network, and not even BA know where that aircraft is going to be in a months time.

- It's near impossible to accurately predict which aircraft will fly a particular route on a particular day.

- The thread will just get filled up early on with lots of speculation and repeated "Will NF be on my flight in 1/2/3/4/5/6 weeks/months/years time" - "I'll be annoyed if it's not on my flight" etc etc.

The first aircraft with NGCW did runs to HKG, LAX, NRT, JNB, JFK within 2 weeks of being introduced, but there was no way to predict accurately which of the many flights to those destinations it was actually on.

I'd advise reading the first few pages of the Club World Guide thread to see what I mean - it's now 103 pages and that started straight after the first aircraft was refitted. Take a look at that thread and count how many "Will NGCW be on my flight?" questions there are.

When the rollout is slightly further along I can see value, but early on you might as well have a crystal ball. If anyone is able to accurately predict this aircrafts movements can you let me know the lottery numbers for Saturday please?
Quote: I might be the voice of dissent here and come across all miserable but I can't really see the value of tracking NF just yet, certainly not until 3-4 aircraft have been refitted, and here's why:
I entirely agree. This is not going to be a precipitously fast process and whether one will or will not, have NF in the next few months should be viewed as "Que Sera, Sera".
Quote: I might be wrong, but I suspect that it's going to be 4-6 weeks at least before we see another aircraft refitted
It's worse, the cabin is undergoing a 90 day evaluation by the CAA - so it won't be until May before the next 777 is rolled-out. Even then, cabins are only being fitted when the aircraft are in for their scheduled maintenance. So, they're sparing very little expense. Of course, it may be that BA is allowed to fit cabins if they have confidence of a CAA sign-off and then may have a few ready to go when given the thumbs up.

I'd certainly love to be that CAA inspector - three months of flying NF!

I've just noticed on the LHR movements website that our friend G-VIIU went to some mystery location at 10.56 today:

Code:
Finals EGLL 09L	11/02	10:56:14	400772	BAW24R	B772	G-VIIU	British Airways	350	89	Approach
Predicting movements will - as with NGCW - be a futile endeavour. But I will use the usual spreadsheets to track past flights and provide statistics on the routes. Agreed that will not really be of much use until several aircraft have been refitted. We will of course need refit data from our useful insider(s) at BA! ^
Quote: It's worse, the cabin is undergoing a 90 day evaluation by the CAA - so it won't be until May before the next 777 is rolled-out. Even then, cabins are only being fitted when the aircraft are in for their scheduled maintenance. So, they're sparing very little expense. Of course, it may be that BA is allowed to fit cabins if they have confidence of a CAA sign-off and then may have a few ready to go when given the thumbs up.

I'd certainly love to be that CAA inspector - three months of flying NF!

I've just noticed on the LHR movements website that our friend G-VIIU went to some mystery location at 10.56 today:

Code:
Finals EGLL 09L	11/02	10:56:14	400772	BAW24R	B772	G-VIIU	British Airways	350	89	Approach
Wasn't that just the inbound from Chicago?
Quote: Wasn't that just the inbound from Chicago?
On approach to 09L @ LHR (EGLL) is hardly a mystery location.
Quote: the cabin is undergoing a 90 day evaluation by the CAA
How come? Surely it must have had to go extensive testing before it was even let on a plane flying a passenger service?
Quote: On approach to 09L @ LHR (EGLL) is hardly a mystery location.
I can't read those darn things! I'm learning tho

Quote: How come? Surely it must have had to go extensive testing before it was even let on a plane flying a passenger service?
Who knows! I read it on Business Traveller.
No more 777s for a while. There is 1 747 due in service in March/April. They will both be flying for a while before any others from either fleet are converted.
Just said a small prayer about that 747 and the BOS route in August.
OK so everyone is hoping to have the NF on their next trip. Does anyone have any ide when the re-fit will be completed.

I have a FIRST trip in Nov, so is that realistic or not??

gaz