Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Old May 17, 2010, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by jaylon
Reading some of the posts and also some of the press releases a few months ago (although not BA's own press releases), it sounded like it was just being fitted to 777s - although the fact it as already been fitted to one 747 would seem to suggest the opposite. Am I just mis-reading it?
They are planning to fit to 777s first. However given it take circa 90days of flight time to approve the seat on an aircraft, what they'll probably do it put it on a token 747 now just to get the legalities out the way well before the 747 refit programme kicks off. Otherwise you'd have a pointless additional 3month break again.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
New F LHR-TLV-LHR last Monday.
Old May 19, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA, BMi, VS, Starwood, Marriott
Any ideas when the next NF 777s will enter the fleet, and how many; it has been around 3 months since the first one went into service? Off to IAD in F in June, so keeping finger crossed
Old May 31, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC
This thread has been one of the reasons for creating www.ftdashboard.net

In particular, page www.ftdashboard.net/fleet/b744.htm will tell you that G-CIVK has now been to CWL since 13 May, and could well be the next 744 with NF. GCIVF and GCIVJ both spend weeks at CWL in March...

Have a look and enjoy!

ftdb
Old May 31, 2010, 2:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk ftdashboard

You've created a fabulous resource, many thanks for sharing it with us. ^
Old May 31, 2010, 2:55 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by ftdashboard

In particular, page www.ftdashboard.net/fleet/b744.htm will tell you that G-CIVK has now been to CWL since 13 May, and could well be the next 744 with NF. GCIVF and GCIVJ both spend weeks at CWL in March...

Have a look and enjoy!

ftdb
Very useful! Well done.

Slightly OT - how did you get that photo across the top of the home page? Looks like a cherry picker would be needed to get the height, but then there's the problem of getting it quickly out of the way?
Old May 31, 2010, 3:07 am

Slightly OT - how did you get that photo across the top of the home page? Looks like a cherry picker would be needed to get the height, but then there's the problem of getting it quickly out of the way?
From the upper deck of a 747 I would guess. Probably the right hand seat of the flight deck judging by the clarity of the window and the wide angle.

Great site by the way.
Old May 31, 2010, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL

Have a look and enjoy!

ftdb
Very nice resource. Makes my spreadsheets look amateurish especially as they only do longhaul! ^
Old May 31, 2010, 3:23 am

Programs: BA gold

Ah, great site to datamine Now I can fill my ba97.com calendar with those missing registrations ^
Old May 31, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
From the upper deck of a 747 I would guess. Probably the right hand seat of the flight deck judging by the clarity of the window and the wide angle.

Great site by the way.
Absolutely correct! From 63K.

Thank you for the encouraging comments.
Old May 31, 2010, 3:52 am

Sad to say I heard a few of the seats are not fully working. Wonder when they will fix them.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
New or old F seats?

We'll be flying BA F from LHR to SFO on Oct 13th this year. I tried to do a search (without any success) on whether we will have new or old F seats.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think it will unlikely that you will have the New F as I think the New F is only on 1 777 and 1 747 at the moment and the rest of the fleet has not started to be updated yet.

Regards

TBS
Old May 31, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Any chance on a 777 to / from BDA in the near future ?
Old May 31, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Great site ftdashboard! When you click on B777, it takes you to the B744 page.....

How long does it take to refit NF to an aircraft? Despite a flight or two each week I am still yet to sit in a 'real' NF seat in the air! All I've seen are the two mock-ups

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.