Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by nmenaker
thanks, I think i'z was reading it wrong. Thinking the purple being different than the NF Green meant OF or 744 but most likely OF
Ok, I see what you mean now. The next few weeks are showing as a 744 but there are only 8 of them out of 47 in the fleet with OF which still makes it pretty likely to be NF.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Can anyone look up and see what the track record of BA 215 LHR-BOS has been for the past 30-45 days in terms of old vs new F?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:22 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by nologic
Can anyone look up and see what the track record of BA 215 LHR-BOS has been for the past 30-45 days in terms of old vs new F?
http://ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Thanks. Hard to really read that as it relates to recent activity, but helpful. Wow, those two Denver flight 218 and 219 are rock bottom.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:38 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Thanks. Hard to really read that as it relates to recent activity, but helpful. Wow, those two Denver flight 218 and 219 are rock bottom.
Click on a specific flight number and it will show you every aircraft rotation for the past few months.

The BA218/BA219 DEN flights are usually a 3 class aircraft, F is not sold.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:46 am

Ah ha. What a program. Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Denver flight 218 and 219 are rock bottom.
Denver is a 3 class route with no F.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
G-BNLI is on its way to Victorville. This leaves 7 OF 747's until the end of October, 2014 at which time G-BNLF (SEPT) and G-BNLW (OCT) are scheduled to be retired leaving 5 OF frames. Am I correct that there will be 5 OF 747's serving 4 cities, Vancouver, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Cape Town starting effectively November 1? And of course, it won't be F at all, just Club World with more room if you are afforded one of those seats up front. Seems to me that schedule will be hard to keep up given routine maintenance and unexptected technical issues. Then next summer, starting with the retirement of G-BNLG (July) and G-BNLU (OCT 15) and G-BNLV (Nov 15) all with NF, would you be able to assume if the schedule holds that those NF cabins will be refurbished to G-BNLJ, G-BNLY and G-CIVC is some fashion? (G-BNLX and G-BNLZ are the last two to be retired thus not to get NF) Would it be fair to say that BA will have to ammend some of these cities not recieving First Class seats?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:21 pm

After three F 747 flights BOS-LHR-BOS, all w new F when BOS said they were getting a disproportionate share of OF...the check in agent at the CCR said "all our North American flights now have new F."
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
After three F 747 flights BOS-LHR-BOS, all w new F when BOS said they were getting a disproportionate share of OF...the check in agent at the CCR said "all our North American flights now have new F."
Which is of course, sadly, untrue.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
G-BNLI is on its way to Victorville.
That was fast! Are they getting too practised in CWL at stripping out what they need to strip out?
Am I correct that there will be 5 OF 747's serving 4 cities, Vancouver, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Cape Town starting effectively November 1? And of course, it won't be F at all, just Club World with more room if you are afforded one of those seats up front. Seems to me that schedule will be hard to keep up given routine maintenance and unexptected technical issues.
These four routes will require about 4 aircraft, so it's pretty much a full-on schedule for them. The general expectation is that NF aircraft will probably be subbed in if required.
Then next summer, starting with the retirement of G-BNLG (July) and G-BNLU (OCT 15) and G-BNLV (Nov 15) all with NF, would you be able to assume if the schedule holds that those NF cabins will be refurbished to G-BNLJ, G-BNLY and G-CIVC is some fashion? (G-BNLX and G-BNLZ are the last two to be retired thus not to get NF) Would it be fair to say that BA will have to ammend some of these cities not recieving First Class seats?
I suspect that we will see some more work on the NS 2015 and NW 2015/16 schedules in due course. It's too early to know for sure what's happening after the end of March 2015. And therefore it's probably far too early to book anything on the basis of wanting a specific aircraft type.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: MUCCI
Tracking NF [New First]

I would agree with this.
The schedule and retirements for the 5 remaining OF 747-400's is probably a bit fluid. As more 747-400's get retired I would expect for NF to be retrofitted onto these few remaining birds unless they are due to be retired soon as it improves operational flexibility of the fleet which of course will now continually shrink.
There are 2 retirement schedules anyway - a slower one to achieve growth and then this retirement schedule can be accelerated if demand slows and I think we've seen a bit of this anyway.
I somehow think that the schedule for OF for NS15 will be modified nearer the time and increasingly NF planes will operate the routes... Of curse the issue is that First doesn't make much money on most routes....

FD.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That was fast! Are they getting too practised in CWL at stripping out what they need to strip out?These four routes will require about 4 aircraft, so it's pretty much a full-on schedule for them.
Personally I don't want the 1/2 aircraft on my route
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:23 pm

My girlfriend and I flew "old first" from LHR to PHX in early July on Avios (plus tax, of course). We filled out the card but never saw the miles credited.

When I followed up I was advised that since we booked on Avios, we were not entitled to the 50K credit.

To seasoned veterans: Does that sound right?

Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I suspect that one of the OF birds will make a last hurrah to/from YYZ on either or both Oct.9 or Oct.15

That's just the luck I have. The last G-ZZZ 772 with OF made an unwelcome appearance just for me after many months of NF birds on the route a week before it was converted to NF. Plus BA wasn't giving out 50K Avios for OF then either

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.