Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:00 pm

are they still issuing vouchers?

[QUOTE=SFO777;13712979]Welcome to FT!

There is a lag time before the electronic certificate posts to your account page, presumably based on your billing cycle. I charged $30K by my 2/19 billing cycle date and about 30 days later, the electronic certificate magically and prominently appeared (highlighted in blue) on my EC account page. So unless you similarly charged your $30K by February, and you don't see your cert, I wouldn't be concerned.

Thank you SFO777 for responding to my query. The voucher that I am looking for would be for '09. Would these still be posting? It will be a bit longer before we qualify for '10!!
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by nsr
Don't know the answer to your question but from the t&c linked to the voucher in the BAEC account it says:

"Redemption Vouchers must be booked via BA channels only, these being the BA Call Centres and online at ba.com."
nsr, wow, that would make a big difference to me, as I do primarily open jaw trips. Is this T&C clause stated just when you actually get a voucher credited to your account or did you find it somewhere on the BAEC website? I just wish Dilly would step in and answer the question one way or another, as I'm not the only one who has asked it.

Thank you for indicating there is some hope here.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by W-B
Hi,

This is my first post, so I hope I don't make any mistakes!

I know that I qualify for the Chase 30,000 voucher, but I cannot see it when I log into the EC. I log on and see the page with my mileage, future bookings etc., but I do not see anything about this offer.

Are they still issuing the vouchers? Am I being impatient? Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it obvious?

Thank you.
This is my first post as well. I did 30K back in 2009 and I'm still going back and forth between Chase and BA. It's turned into a circus at this point. Chase tells me to contact BA and vice versa. The finger pointing has become insane. I've spoken to Chase brass and BA brass and to this point it still isn't resolved. The funny thing is that the voucher showed up April 2nd and when I went to book on April 4th it had disappeared. I have to say that dealing with Chase and BA has been less than pleasurable. I actually had a gentleman yell at me from the Jacksonville BA call center. The sad part is that I will hit another 30K by June 2010. It's conceivable that I could be due a second reward before the first gets cleared up.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:20 pm

still waiting for my voucher

Hi,

Well I am glad to hear that someone else is having the same problem, but sorry to hear that you are having the same problem!!

I spent a lot of time on the phone today with BA and Chase. Eventually a supervisor at Chase said she would call BAEC and make certain that the voucher was in my account. After a minute she came back and said the wait time was too long for her and she would send my problem off to marketing. I will receive a letter in the mail (post office mail) within 8 days.

I will let you know if marketing works.

W-B
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by W-B
Hi,

Well I am glad to hear that someone else is having the same problem, but sorry to hear that you are having the same problem!!

I spent a lot of time on the phone today with BA and Chase. Eventually a supervisor at Chase said she would call BAEC and make certain that the voucher was in my account. After a minute she came back and said the wait time was too long for her and she would send my problem off to marketing. I will receive a letter in the mail (post office mail) within 8 days.

I will let you know if marketing works.

W-B
Hopefully marketing is able to get this resolved for you. I've had my "case" sent over to marketing several times now. I was told to expect something in the mail as well. If I receive anything I'll let you know. I finally talked to someone at BAEC who did acknowledge that at this point it's their fault. The rep told me if it was put in my account and taken out again it wasn't Chase. There is a woman named Christie J. at BA who is apparently the liaison between Chase/BA Marketing and BA. I was told this past Sunday I would get a call from her within 24 hours. This hasn't happened yet ...... good times. I've been so put off with British Airways as of late that the wife and I decided to fly Emirates from DFW-CPT for World Cup in June. I figured I should put my money where my mouth is
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by hummer28
Hopefully marketing is able to get this resolved for you. I've had my "case" sent over to marketing several times now. I was told to expect something in the mail as well. If I receive anything I'll let you know. I finally talked to someone at BAEC who did acknowledge that at this point it's their fault. The rep told me if it was put in my account and taken out again it wasn't Chase. There is a woman named Christie J. at BA who is apparently the liaison between Chase/BA Marketing and BA. I was told this past Sunday I would get a call from her within 24 hours. This hasn't happened yet ...... good times. I've been so put off with British Airways as of late that the wife and I decided to fly Emirates from DFW-CPT for World Cup in June. I figured I should put my money where my mouth is
Oh no, now I am worried. I was wondering if having the issue sent to marketing was just a ploy to get me off the phone. Our issue is only slightly different than your problem. The voucher has never been posted to the BAEC account. Supposedly I received an email from Chase saying that we had a voucher, but it was sent to an old address, so I never saw it.

I imagine that there are others having the same issues.

Good luck.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Does anyone know if it is OK to use the 2 for 1 on a one way ticket?
The T&C don't specifically say one way or the other, but their language refers to round trips.
As I just received my voucher for 2010 spend I can answer my own question - just in case anyone is interested

1. It is possible to use the voucher for a one-way
2. It is possible to use the voucher for different classes - ie two seat out CW and back in FC
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:49 pm

As I just received my voucher for 2010 spend I can answer my own question - just in case anyone is interested

1. It is possible to use the voucher for a one-way
2. It is possible to use the voucher for different classes - ie two seat out CW and back in FC
If you're reading from the T&Cs on the voucher, is there any chance you could scan the whole thing (less any of your personal info, of course) so we can digest the entirety of what it says?

Do you interpret the language on one ways to mean that you could book two one way tickets instead of a RT, or that you could just book one?

Thanks very much.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 5:02 pm

Has anyone cancelled a ticket yet? How soon does the voucher go back on your account? According to the T&C's the voucher is returned, but when?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
If you're reading from the T&Cs on the voucher, is there any chance you could scan the whole thing (less any of your personal info, of course) so we can digest the entirety of what it says?
You can read the full Terms & Conditions at:
www.ba.com/redeemfor1travelfor2
Old Apr 17, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
You can read the full Terms & Conditions at:
www.ba.com/redeemfor1travelfor2
Some of us are not sure that the T&C's you are showing are the same that are linked to the actual voucher which appears when it's posted to the account. For example, one poster here said the T&C's linked to his voucher read "Redemption Vouchers must be booked via BA channels only, these being the BA Call Centres and online at ba.com." Someone else said they are OK for one way travel and also said you can travel one way in one class and return in another.

Maybe people are getting the two types of companion tickets mixed up and this thread seems to be only about the companion AWARD ticket. It would help if someone who has received a companion AWARD certificate could tell us EXACTLY what is says on the certificate (electronic- which apparently has a link).
Old Apr 17, 2010, 9:54 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Some of us are not sure that the T&C's you are showing are the same that are linked to the actual voucher which appears when it's posted to the account. For example, one poster here said the T&C's linked to his voucher read "Redemption Vouchers must be booked via BA channels only, these being the BA Call Centres and online at ba.com." Someone else said they are OK for one way travel and also said you can travel one way in one class and return in another.
The link to www.ba.com/redeemfor1travelfor2 is dealing with the companion ticket for crossing the 30K spend threshold. The t&c I see on the voucher in my account are basically the SAME with the slight difference that you can book the companion ticket over the phone as well. BA probably added this feature AFTER they posted the link above and never bothered to update it. The exact wording from the voucher is the one you quote above.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Maybe people are getting the two types of companion tickets mixed up and this thread seems to be only about the companion AWARD ticket. It would help if someone who has received a companion AWARD certificate could tell us EXACTLY what is says on the certificate (electronic- which apparently has a link).
There is no mix here. As mentioned in my prior post, the quote is the EXACT wording from the t&c of the certificate that has been posted to my account (and already used ).

Last edited by nsr; Apr 17, 2010 at 10:01 pm
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:17 am

Do you interpret the language on one ways to mean that you could book two one way tickets instead of a RT, or that you could just book one?

Thanks very much.
Here are the T&C pasted from the link attached to the 2010 voucher...but I think they remain vague. My one way and mixed class comments were based on what I could actually book - I could not book Open Jaw On-Line and didn't want to call the agents to ask, as I felt they might have better things to do.

Redemption Voucher for a Companion Terms & Conditions

Earning a Redemption Voucher for a companion

You are only eligible to receive a Redemption Voucher for a companion if you are a member of the BA Executive Club and are the main account holder within a BA/Chase Credit Card account (a "Member").
Additional cardholders to the main Credit Card account are not eligible to receive a Redemption Voucher. Any amount spent on any supplementary Credit Card(s) of the main Credit Card account will count towards the main account holder’s Spend Target.
To be entitled to receive a Redemption Voucher the Member must have reached the required Spend Target within a 12 month period starting each year on the 01 January and ending on 31 December (the "Twelve Month Period") For the avoidance of doubt, if a customer opens a Credit Card account on any date following 01 January then they must have reached their Spend Target by 31 December of that year to be awarded a Redemption Voucher.
The qualifying Spend Target of the BA/Chase Credit Card is 30,000 USD (the "Spend Target"). Qualifying spend does not include cash withdrawals, interest, balance transfers and fees.
Only one Redemption Voucher can be earned in any Twelve Month Period. If the Member reaches their Spend Target within the Twelve Month Period then further spend will not accumulate towards another Redemption Voucher . Members can begin earning towards their next Redemption Voucher at the beginning of the next Twelve Month Period.
When the Member has reached the Spend Target an e-voucher ("Redemption Voucher ") will automatically be added to their BA Executive Club account. The Redemption Voucher will be valid from the date on which it appears on the Member’s Executive Club account and will be valid for 24 months.
Using the Redemption Voucher for a companion

The Redemption Voucher allows the main BA/Chase account holder, when making a return flight booking using BA Miles, to book another seat on the exact same journey for a companion without having to pay the BA Miles flight price for that Companion. Taxes, airline, government, or other separately charged fees and charges must be paid by Member redeeming the Redemption Voucher and is payable at time of booking.
The Redemption Voucher will be issued in the name of the main BA/Chase Credit card account holder, who must travel on any Redemption Voucher booking.
Redemption Vouchers may only be used for bookings, which are strictly subject to availability and BA offers no guarantee that Members will be able to book for a Companion on any specific flight.
A Member who has two valid Redemption Vouchers on their account has the option to redeem both of them simultaneously on one flight booking, the BA Miles flight price must be paid for the Member and an additional individual in order than 2 Companions can travel on that booking.
Rules and Restrictions

Redemption Vouchers can only be used for travel on reward flights listed in the Executive Club Redemption table operated by BA, in any cabin class, as long as the Member has sufficient BA Miles to complete the booking for their desired journey.
Companion Vouchers cannot be redeemed for travel with BA’s franchisees, code share partners or oneworld Alliance members.
Redemption Vouchers must be booked via BA channels only, these being the BA Call Centres and online at ba.com.
The Member and their Companions must travel together at all times and therefore must be booked onto the same flight and cabin class when travelling using a Redemption Voucher.
Bookings for Companions must be made at the same time as the Member makes their booking.
Companions do not have to be named within a BA Executive Club Household Account. Members can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Redemption Voucher booking.
Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date stated on the Redemption Voucher however inbound travel may take place after the expiry date.
Redemption Vouchers are non-extendable, non-transferable and have no cash value. No BA Miles or other frequent traveller programme miles or points may be earned on Redemption Voucher travel.
Once travel using the Redemption Voucher(s) has been booked, name changes are not allowed.
If travel using a Redemption Voucher is cancelled within 24 hours of departure, the Companion Voucher will not be re-issued to the Member’s Executive Club account.
If travel using a Redemption Voucher is cancelled more than 24 hours before departure then the Redemption Voucher will be re-issued to the Member’s Executive Club account for the remainder of its original validity period.
BA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any given time. Any amendments made to these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity of any Redemption Vouchers which have already been issued.
Redemption Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including Priority Reward (Gold Executive Club membership benefit). For more information on Priority Reward please visit ba.com.
Any use of the Redemption Voucher and/or use of BA Miles must be in accordance with the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Please visit www.ba.com for more information.
Members and their Companion(s) will be carried by BA in accordance with its notice and Conditions of Contract (as stated on each ticket) and its general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (copies available on request).
Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any Redemption Voucher in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
Offer subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Additional significant restrictions may apply.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:59 am

Here are the T&C pasted from the link attached to the 2010 voucher...but I think they remain vague. My one way and mixed class comments were based on what I could actually book - I could not book Open Jaw On-Line and didn't want to call the agents to ask, as I felt they might have better things to do.
Thanks for posting that. I've had the T&Cs for the original offer since day 1, but many of us are still trying to see how this will work for actual bookings.

Reading the T&Cs you posted, it strikes me as interesting that BA would think of rather obscure points like using 2 vouchers for the same trip and canceling within or outside 24 hours of beginning travel. Meanwhile, the questions on open jaw, one way and booking by phone (required for open jaw, if it is allowed), aren't settled. There's also that unclear phrase about having to be eligible for the promo at the time of travel, which could mean you have to keep the Chase visa until you complete travel, incurring that $75 fee each year until then.

Thanks again. And I agree that this is not the time to be calling BA about this stuff. I imagine that as folks start to book travel using the vouchers, we'll start to see how this plays out.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
which could mean you have to keep the Chase visa until you complete travel, incurring that $75 fee each year until then.
Remember though, you do get 2500 anniversary bonus miles when you renew. So at least that's something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.