Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: BA, NW, Starwood
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The Terms & Conditions are very clear:

"Once travel using the redemption voucher (s) has been booked, name changes are not allowed."
Thank you for the information.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:31 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by candacegar
I don't need to cancel and rebook do I?
Yes, you would need to do precisely that. Doing so by telephone would give you a better chance of getting the voucher and Avios applied to a new booking straight away, reducing the risk of losing 'your' award seats, but there are no guarantees.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA, NW, Starwood
Originally Posted by IMH
Yes, you would need to do precisely that. Doing so by telephone would give you a better chance of getting the voucher and Avios applied to a new booking straight away, reducing the risk of losing 'your' award seats, but there are no guarantees.
Thank you! That would be worth a shot. Hopefully, my sister won't do this to me!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally Posted by dkerr
...On BA you can combine you and your spouse (and kids) accounts into a "family" account. This combines everyone's Avios points making them all available for a booking. I do not know if this also combines 241 certificates though...
My wife and I have a family account. I can see her 2-4-1 certificate in the family account. Can I use her 2-4-1 via the family account (me and my son travel) or does she actually have to travel on the 2-4-1?

Thanks,

Onedog
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:27 pm

From the Terms & Conditions:

"All vouchers will be issued in the name of the main Cardmember who must travel on any booking where the voucher is used."
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I'm not a BA flyer but I am now considering moving my ~30K spend from the Amex PRG over to the Chase BA card to get the "Travel Together Ticket".

I read through the past few pages of this thread but I am not sure I fully understand this specific item in the T&Cs

"A Member who has two valid vouchers on their account has the option to redeem both of them simultaneously on one flight booking, the Avios flight price must be paid for the Member and an additional individual in order than 2 Companions can travel on that booking."

Does this mean that if I earn 2 of these companion vouchers through spending 30K over 2 years, I can use them to bring along 2 companions on my booking. in my case, does it imply that I could book a F/J ticket from the US to Asia for ~180K Avios + taxes/fees and my wife and daughter get the 2 free tickets by paying just the taxes/fees?

I understand that BA Taxes/Fees are exorbitant (~$1600/pp on a test booking) but that would still be a pretty good deal if I can get 3 Biz or First tickets for (1 x Avios) + (3 x Taxes/Fees)

Can anyone confirm or I am reading this wrong? What is this "additional individual" part?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:44 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Does this mean that if I earn 2 of these companion vouchers through spending 30K over 2 years, I can use them to bring along 2 companions on my booking.
Unfortunately not. It means that you could redeem for four people (you, plus "an additional individual", plus two companions) for the number of Avios you'd normally need for two people (plus taxes and fees for four).
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

I understand that BA Taxes/Fees are exorbitant (~$1600/pp on a test booking) but that would still be a pretty good deal if I can get 3 Biz or First tickets for (1 x Avios) + (3 x Taxes/Fees)
It would be 2 x Avios and 3 x Taxes/Fees and would only require 1 travel-together ticket so you're not far off the mark.

Also, is it reasonable to say that something is "exorbitant" and "a pretty good deal" in the same sentence?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:21 am
IMH

Originally Posted by golfmad
It would be 2 x Avios and 3 x Taxes/Fees and would only require 1 travel-together ticket so you're not far off the mark.
True -- that's another helpful way of looking at it.

Going back to crazyhorse's question, there's another point that should probably be made:

I'm not a BA flyer but [...] [...] F/J ticket from the US to Asia [...]
Unless you're planning a stopover in Europe there aren't many scenarios where BA would be my first choice for a US-Asia trip.

It can be worth considering for destinations that take a similar amount of time to reach in either direction, but it's usually possible to find more attractive options involving lower fees, fewer miles and better products (CX, JL, NH, SQ...).
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Unfortunately not. It means that you could redeem for four people (you, plus "an additional individual", plus two companions) for the number of Avios you'd normally need for two people (plus taxes and fees for four).
Ah! That makes much more sense. Well, the time to have a second child has passed. LOL!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Unless you're planning a stopover in Europe there aren't many scenarios where BA would be my first choice for a US-Asia trip.

It can be worth considering for destinations that take a similar amount of time to reach in either direction, but it's usually possible to find more attractive options involving lower fees, fewer miles and better products (CX, JL, NH, SQ...).
Completely agree and I wasnt thinking of using BA until I learnt about this Travel Together Ticket. UA usually has decent availability on its partners for 160K/pp and very low taxes/fees.

The only reason I gave BA a thought was thinking about flying 3 people to India in Business for 1 x Avios and 3 x Taxes/Fees.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:50 pm

Is there a way to book an avios redemption and then add a companion using the voucher when I get it?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by olouie
Is there a way to book an avios redemption and then add a companion using the voucher when I get it?
Doesn't appear so. Here's what the T&C's say:
Companion must travel with the Cardmember on both the outbound and inbound journey and be booked at the same time for both directions.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
No, you'd need to cancel your existing booking and rebook for two from availability.

With the way airline reservations systems are set up, it's not possible to add a seat occupying passenger to an existing PNR once the booking reference is generated. Pax can be split off or lap infants can be attached, but the number of seats/names cannot be increased. A new PNR would need to be created.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:55 am

Ah well ... there goes my plan of stretching our miles a bit further :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.