Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

asian vegetarian now vegetarian hindu or jain?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:46 am
Original Poster

my cw lhr-nyc booking shows as asian vegetarian [taken from my ec prefs] but it doesnt look like that option exists anymore, so which meal will I get? and are these meal types new?

thanks

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us

Special meals

Vegetarian Hindu

Does not contain fish, shellfish, meat, poultry or eggs. It is a meatless meal and spicy in content.

Hindu

Does not contain beef, beef derivatives, veal or pork, it is not a meatless meal.

Muslim

Does not contain pork, by-products of pork or foodstuffs containing alcohol. All meats come from ritually slaughtered animals.
NB. Muslim meals are not available on European flights when the aircraft has night-stopped away from the UK, except Frankfurt, Berlin and Tel Aviv.

Jain meal

Jain meals are strict vegetarian meals, the food is prepared to an Indian style, the meal does not contain onions, potatoes, garlic or root vegetables.

Kosher

These meals are prepared to comply with Jewish dietary laws.
NB. Kosher meals are available on all long haul routes apart from The Middle East, Nairobi, Mauritius, Muscat, Entebbe, Dar es Salaam, Dacca, Accra, Nassau and Malé.

Vegan vegetarian

Does not contain meat, fish, fowl, eggs, honey, dairy products or derivatives. If vegan is not specified, then a lacto ovo meal will be provided.

Lacto ovo vegetarian

Does not contain meat, fish or seafood. May contain dairy products such as milk, butter, cheese and eggs etc.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I would guess at the first option Vegetarian Hindu as that looks like the replacement. I wasn't aware that IATA had changed the codes so it may still show up on the booking as AVML even if the name that BA have given it has changed.

You could contact BA and ask, given that you might not get the meal you wanted.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You will get a Vegetarian Hindu. The meal discriptions have been changed as in the past we were getting lots of passengers requesting Hindu meals as they thought they were vegetarian.
CIHY
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Interesting, I had an AVML booked for two fights (sombody booked it for me and because I forgot to change it, I was stuck with it on the return) and couldn't eat the main as it was too spicy. I swapped with someone else for their salad etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.