Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What do you think BA's new year's resolutions should be?

Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum

I'm in Asia so it's already 2013 here (Happy New Year everyone ^) what do you think should be BA's resolutions for 2013?

Here are a few of mine:

I'd like BA to sort out their I.T. so that it works correctly more often. I'd also like them to enable more things to be booked on ba.com. In 2013 it shouldn't be so hard to book open jaws online. From my perspective on GGL I'd like to be able to make a payment for a booking held by the GGL team online so that I don't have to pay the offline fee after all, it's not a free benefit if you have to pay for it.

I think it's also high time that BA customers of all card colours have access to a service centre 24 hours a day 7 days a week. BA has a great global network, its teams should be global too.

My third and final one: Copy and paste doth not customer service make. My last response was completely muddled and yet worded in a prewritten way. It did nothing to answer my feedback at all. It is just so insincere when a letter from a company is writing in such a programmed way. It also causes far more work for them because if I get a letter/email that looks like no-one has actually bothered to read the complaint, I will call again and escalate it. Sometimes customers need to feel that their complaint has been truly taken on board.

Feel free to add more....
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A simple resolution, although I am sure there are more signifcant ones () -

to always hand out hot towels in J and F, and while I am at, improve the quality and hand out on more than occasio during the flight, as CX does, please.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
For me personally:

1. Restore LGW-MAN (or, more correctly, stop its deletion)
2. Put pressure on BAA to speed up T5 security.

I don't hold out any hope for either!

I also agree with the OP's points - not that the GGL issue concerns me...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Plates for your bread!

Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE

Sort out ba.com properly - yes it is not as bad as certain other airlines but it should be as smooth as a Bentley and would save money on call centre staff having to fiddle with bookings that should be do easy to complete online.

If I could have 2, it would be to relook at the staff incentive system - not sure how much the gold card scheme for staff worked but customers want a reproducibly professional attitude. BA, like many other customer service based companies recognise their staff in many different ways. On the whole they are an enthusiastic, generous and fun bunch (more so in the air than on the ground I find) but with some tweaking, this could be reproduced throughout the fleet - whatever its currently called

Happy 2013 to all the FT'ers and wishing you all a very prosperous new year!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I propose the following:

* colour boarding cards printed in dark ink and (for F, CW and CE) using 350g/sqm paper

* introduction of reward flight saver redemptions at GBP 50 each way for WT, GBP 60 EW for WT+ and GBP 100 EW for CW and F

* 24 hour call centres providing English service (optional: other significant languages)

* complete the roll-out of NF

* introduce far more strenuous cabin cleanliness procedures
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Put Avios earning and redeeming under the one site....it's too messy and complicated as it is now.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Not my original idea but one I strongly support.

Force all your staff (customer facing and back office) to fly with the competition at least once each year.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Never serve another muffin for breakfast in WT
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Force all your staff (customer facing and back office) to fly with the competition at least once each year.
That is a great idea! And they should indeed to take at least one observation flight on BA metal per year.

Furthermore all Management and Executive staff should take at least one observation flight in each BA cabin (ET, CE, WT, WT+, CW, F) per year.

I bet that all this travel would eat up BA's profit margin very efficiently though!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
+1 for the 24/7 call centres

As a Y flyer I would to see BA at least try to catch up to the Asian airlines in terms of food and service quality. They like to see themselves as a premium airline but its simply not true anymore, even other European carriers are ahead of them.

It would also be nice if they widened the rollout of new WT and WT+, the 744s and old 772s are clearly going to be around for a long while yet and while WT is ok, old WT+ seats are horrible.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Prospero
Not my original idea but one I strongly support.

Including WW!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Never serve another muffin for breakfast in WT
+1 here, would love to see WW try and eat one
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
IT is printers and email not websites
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
If Tata can't provide the ba.com that we all want then find someone else. And please make the F and J food better then Tesco Value

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.