Amex & BA Master Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jamjaw
Really?!? On iPhone so can't tell if your first post, but wow!

Just wow!
Close...2nd post
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
i think he's taking the pee , peetee!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jpgale
Excuse me?
Did you read the first post in this thread?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by PeeTee
Close...2nd post
It was his/her first post when posted.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by usually sat at the back
... has anyone else had this in the post today from Amex (Plat). An offer of a completely free night stay in one of 63 Starwood properties worldwide from The Luxury Collection, W, Weston, Le Meridien and Sheraton up to the end of Sept next year.

No catches, no charges/fees, no minimum stay etc - just a totally free night.

The only potential catch is there are no properties in the UK so it's likely you'd volunteer to tag on another night or two to make the trip worthwhile, or it could help a TP run with a free hotel in the middle.
That is a great freebie, although if it can not be used in the UK then i guess there is a bit of a catch in that SPG or AMEX are hopefull you will tag it on to purchased adittional nights.

Still, W and Luxury Collection stays in particular can be very pricey. I would happily swap you 2 x LHR fasttrack & 2 x 10 Duty Free vouchers for this

Recently cancelled the Gold, i am going to give it a few more months of distance and most definetly apply for the Plat with incentives like this.

FYI: The Plat gives you free SPG Gold status, it is a little known benefit and you have to contact SPG and send in 'proof' of Plat.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
FYI: The Plat gives you free SPG Gold status, it is a little known benefit and you have to contact SPG and send in 'proof' of Plat.
Always good to be reminded of this benefit.

It's on the AmEx website. New applicants receive details and a form. AmEx normally do the introduction, so contact with SPG is not normally needed.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Having said I received the 2xfastrack and 2x10 shopping vouchers yesterday, I arrived home today to find the free SPG night had arrived.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
My original post was a little tongue-in-cheek yes! Haha, I hoped you would see the funny side of it.

Literally just applied for Gold card today, sorry whiskerxx!

I like the companion voucher though, it's a great idea and I'm tempted to say that if it wasn't for the voucher there'd be no point in owning a BA Amex card. I intend to qualify for the companion voucher then move spend onto the Gold card to accrue 2 points per pound on things like supermarket and petrol spend.

The platinum has some great features but it costs 300 every single year, which is hard to justify over the gold card (even for 42k Avios)
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
2-4-1 voucher (validity) question?

Merry Christmas all,

With regards to the voucher, what is the validity of it in total.

Can i do the following:

September 2012 - Hit 10K and earn voucher. Valid until September 2014.

August 2014 - Make booking using voucher for July 2015.

So voucher is valid for 3 years in total from date of issue (2 years as normal + 1 year as that is the furthest i can make a reservation).

Am i missing something?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Not quite. Here's the rule:

Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date on the Companion Voucher however inbound travel can take place after the expiry date of the Companion Voucher.

In your case, you'd need to travel outbound before Sep 2014. The return can be anytime after that.

Originally Posted by d3vski
Merry Christmas all,

With regards to the voucher, what is the validity of it in total.

Can i do the following:

September 2012 - Hit 10K and earn voucher. Valid until September 2014.

August 2014 - Make booking using voucher for July 2015.

So voucher is valid for 3 years in total from date of issue (2 years as normal + 1 year as that is the furthest i can make a reservation).

Am i missing something?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Thanks for clarifying the t&c's.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA miles.
[QUOTE=pazza2000;17679346]That is a great freebie, although if it can not be used in the UK then i guess there is a bit of a catch in that SPG or AMEX are hopefull you will tag it on to purchased adittional nights.

Still, W and Luxury Collection stays in particular can be very pricey. I would happily swap you 2 x LHR fasttrack & 2 x 10 Duty Free vouchers for this

Recently cancelled the Gold, i am going to give it a few more months of distance and most definetly apply for the Plat with incentives like this.

FYI: The Plat gives you free SPG Gold status, it is a little known benefit and you have to contact SPG and send in 'proof' of Plat.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I was unaware of this.^
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA Amex

I have a BA PP Amex, I just qualified by spending 10,000 for the companion voucher, though have not yet received the voucher.

I understand that I can downgrade the card to the fee free one and be reimbursed pro rata (i.e. ~50% of 150). IF I did that would it have repercussions to me using the voucher or reduce the validity to 1year instead of 2?
Now I've qualified for the voucher the 0.5 Avios per aren't so important as the fee it seems. Any comments?

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Colcannon
I have a BA PP Amex, I just qualified by spending 10,000 for the companion voucher, though have not yet received the voucher.

I understand that I can downgrade the card to the fee free one and be reimbursed pro rata (i.e. ~50% of 150). IF I did that would it have repercussions to me using the voucher or reduce the validity to 1year instead of 2?
Now I've qualified for the voucher the 0.5 Avios per aren't so important as the fee it seems. Any comments?

Thanks
you should get the voucher email and see it on your BAEC account pretty much as soon as the >10k hits your Amex account.

not sure re downgrading your card but suspect T&C prevent you doing that during your membership year without forfeiting your vouncher
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Colcannon

Thanks
As a note - 1.5 Avois per

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.