Avod or no avod that is the question?

Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Avod or no avod that is the question?

Really annoyed yet again at lack of proper AVOD service on the way back from PHL last month - CSD tried to reset but system failed and he switched to the "normal" viewing which I always view as a lack of advertised service. I have been on so many trips in CW recently when there has been failure either oubound or inbound and each time have been awarded extra miles when I have written in to complain - wrote this time and given pathetic response which said that everything was being done to improve service bla blah blah but that no compensation was being given. I simply do not understand as last 4 flights when we had had a total or partial failure. Why is this? Are BA really trying to drive people away with their poor Customer Service? Flight crew every time say it is usually something that they have to deal with that wastes their time and are brilliant at trying to sort it but most times it is software failure.

Anybody had anything similar? I just want to know why they have had change in tack.....again!

Last edited by Travelsimon; Nov 5, 2009 at 8:12 am
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelsimon
Anybody had anything similar? I just want to know why they have had change in tack.....again!
Last Friday's BA178 from JFK had no AVOD working at all. The loop system started an hour into the flight, midway through the movies. The first movie therefore started some 2 1/2 hours into the flight.

CSD was a stroppy cow. No apology, just a matter of fact annoucement. Requests to start the loop from the beginning were ignored (with lots of huffing and puffing).

The UD was dump, with 5 broken seats, and rubbish and sticky stains all over the place (and the inbound was the night before, so it wasn't like they had no time to clean).

CSD should be demoted to clean the plane, and the CW purser should be promoted, she was lovely.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Same on the BAXXX from JFK to LHR on Sunday evening just gone... CSD was useless, Broadcast system started, however my screen not working at all. No letter or voucher or however it works... contacted Customer Relations, but not had a reply yet. We were all told that the aircraft left london with the problem as there was no time to fix it before it left.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
I just don't understand why the compensation for this is so random - it is not standard issue for a service failure and the old planes and tired look are really making me look at other more up to date airlines. BA is not doing itself any good at the moment with people really starting to look elsewhere

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.