Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Policia Federal strike this week - GRU impact?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold

Has anybody had experience of the effect on emigration waiting times? Will be using the Brazilian nationals' queue for BA246 tomorrow.
Many thanks in advance
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:55 am

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Do let us know--about the line for foreigners as well. This sad business of striking (yearly) to get a raise happens in many sectors of the Brazilian government. Look on the upside--it isn't the police striking and that resultant chaos, as it was in Salvador recently.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Thanks. Not too bad in the end - about 30 minutes which was better than 4 weeks ago. Foreigners line was more cyclical but varied between 5 minutes and 30+.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:12 am

The waiting line yesterday was around 4.000 people at GRU according to Folha. This is getting worst!

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidia...sageiros.shtml
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:39 am

Friends ran into length delays at passport control in late June but said all booths were manned. We departed on July 21 and experienced no delays. Maybe any slowdown is off and on.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:52 pm

I spoke to our oldest son who is there at the moment.

Apparently the PF are currently performing previously "random" inspections, now on each and every passenger departing through the airport, 1 by 1. There is one table with one inspector, for the entire long line.

He said that yesterday most missed the flights, as the lines were long, taking 4 hours plus. I spoke with him and mentioned the folha article link here from pvcastro. He said that pretty well sums up the situation at the moment, which is on the local news.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:22 pm

An update:

75 year old friend just returned today from GRU. 10 minutes to check in, and 5 minutes through the line (due to his age).

Be advised that anyone over 55 years qualifies, early boarding of the aircraft included.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:18 am

Any updates from 21 Aug

Anyone have an update for how the strikes today are impacting stuff at GRU
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by pvdecastro
The waiting line yesterday was around 4.000 people at GRU according to Folha. This is getting worst!

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidia...sageiros.shtml
I left GRU on August 16th with a mere 2 minute wait for emigration. I guess it really depends what time you pass. I left at 1500, so it seems that mainly the later flights are in problems. Just go early enough.

Last edited by MarLim; Aug 24, 2012 at 1:41 am
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:50 am

Saw a notice in yesterday's news that the strike at overseas posts is back on, in at least 26 countries. Could be tough to get a visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.