Wiki Posts
Search

GRU Lounge access - Brazil domestic

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

GRU Lounge access - Brazil domestic

Hello,

I am transiting GRU for around 6 hours. Arriving on QR from DOH, then have a separate ticket booked with JJ to GIG in Y.

The GRU - GIG flight departs from terminal 2, however the LATAM lounge is in Terminal 3 at GRU. My question is, can I access the LATAM lounge in Terminal 3, even though my onward flight is domestic to GIG? Or, is there a lounge available in Terminal 2? I am oneworld Emerald.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by NLT05
Hello,

I am transiting GRU for around 6 hours. Arriving on QR from DOH, then have a separate ticket booked with JJ to GIG in Y.

The GRU - GIG flight departs from terminal 2, however the LATAM lounge is in Terminal 3 at GRU. My question is, can I access the LATAM lounge in Terminal 3, even though my onward flight is domestic to GIG? Or, is there a lounge available in Terminal 2? I am oneworld Emerald.

Thanks in advance.
Terminal 3 is dedicated to international departures and arrivals.
GRU-GIG is a domestic flight.
AFAIK LATAM no longer offers domestic lounges in Brazil.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @NLT05.

Please follow the redirect as we move your question.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by C010T3
Terminal 3 is dedicated to international departures and arrivals.
GRU-GIG is a domestic flight.
AFAIK LATAM no longer offers domestic lounges in Brazil.
That is correct. Gol has a new, very nice airside domestic lounge at T2 which you can access for U$50 (or with status on DL, but you may need to be on a Gol flight). Photos here (review in portuguese). I think there is/was a Centurion Club lounge landside.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Checking - is the latam lounge landside and can you use as one world emerald when travelling domestic from t2 on latam? Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Checking - is the latam lounge landside and can you use as one world emerald when travelling domestic from t2 on latam? Thanks
No, as stated above, there are no domestic JJ lounges
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone used the Villa GRU? It looks like at least GOL has a domestic lounge that is accessible with Priority Pass...anyone have experience with that one?
Do they charge for showers at the GOL lounge?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone used the Villa GRU? It looks like at least GOL has a domestic lounge that is accessible with Priority Pass...anyone have experience with that one?
Do they charge for showers at the GOL lounge?
Priority Pass can get you access to the GOL lounge, at least it did for me a while ago and I haven't heard of any changes. Don't know about the showers. The GOL lounge was the former UA UC before they opened Terminal 3.

If you happen to have an AMEX Platinum, you can also access the Bradesco lounge next to the GOL lounge.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Unearthing this with a few tidbits from recent trips and a question:
  • For a rinse in a pinch, the pre-security Urban Lounge showers in T2 are still open. The lounge itself isn't anything to write home about, so you might just want to pay for the shower and hit the road.
  • The somewhat cozy for COVID times, pre-security Villa GRU is pleasant enough, with some basic mini-sandwiches, snacks, soft drinks, and beer.
  • Has anyone been to the Bradesco Sala VIP lately? After many times enjoying the space, a shower, and some Chandon; when I stopped by earlier this year they advised I could not enter because I did not have a Bradesco issued Amex Platinum card. In my opinion, the punctuation in their access rules (Portuguese only) leaves it somewhat open to interpretation, so am curious if anyone's had recent success. I haven't gone since getting (graciously) rejected as I haven't wanted to risk being able to rinse up on arrival since it's post-security.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Go figure that Villa GRU announces it’s shutting down the day after I post this. 😕

https://passageirodeprimeira.com/vil...ois-de-7-anos/
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
  • Has anyone been to the Bradesco Sala VIP lately? After many times enjoying the space, a shower, and some Chandon; when I stopped by earlier this year they advised I could not enter because I did not have a Bradesco issued Amex Platinum card. In my opinion, the punctuation in their access rules (Portuguese only) leaves it somewhat open to interpretation, so am curious if anyone's had recent success. I haven't gone since getting (graciously) rejected as I haven't wanted to risk being able to rinse up on arrival since it's post-security.
I have not been there recently, but may have the opportunity to check in late Oct or Early Nov. As I mentioned up thread about the Amex Platinum, when I was last there, I had no problem with the US version. I do have Bradesco accounts, but I don't think they have anyway to know that. Your rejection may have been just a matter of how the agent checking you in interpreted the wording. The next try may not be a problem.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by qfrodo
I have not been there recently, but may have the opportunity to check in late Oct or Early Nov. As I mentioned up thread about the Amex Platinum, when I was last there, I had no problem with the US version. I do have Bradesco accounts, but I don't think they have anyway to know that. Your rejection may have been just a matter of how the agent checking you in interpreted the wording. The next try may not be a problem.
I'll give it a try this coming Sunday.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 9:23 am

Sad to report that the first thing they looked at when I tried today was for a Bradesco / affiliate logo on my Amex - no luck.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Sad to report that the first thing they looked at when I tried today was for a Bradesco / affiliate logo on my Amex - no luck.
Bummer
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:49 pm

Agreed. Maybe GOL domestic with open again some day -- would be better than nothing.

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Bummer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.