Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Book a multi city ticket with 3 hours in GRU

Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I am searching ticket for my trip to SCL. Instead of book a round trip JFK-SCL, if I book JFK-SCL-GRU-JFK the ticket will be 200$ cheaper. My question is if I book a same day SCL-GRU, and GRU-JFK with 3 hours between flights, do I collect bags at GRU and going through custom? or LATAM will treat it as layover?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
If you do check through at JFK (and that's a big if, as TAM and LAN have merged on paper, but their systems still seem far from integrated), you wouldn't need to get through customs. But I guess you'll only find this out at check in, so best be prepared to have to collect your bag, clear customs and check in again. 3h should be enough, but make sure you have a valid visa, or if a visa is required for transit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.