Wiki Posts
Search

GIG/GRU international to international transfer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
GIG/GRU international to international transfer

Hey guys, I'm flying JFK-GIG-MVD on Thursday and returning MVD-GRU-DFW-LAX on Monday. The US to Brazil legs are on American (one ticket) and the Brazil to Uruguay legs are on TAM (separate ticket). I have 4 hours to layover in GIG and 2.5 hours to layover in GRU. I'm not checking a bag. From what I read it seems like I should be able to transit without going to immigration, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a boarding pass for my GIG-MVD flight in advance -- TAM online check in does not allow it.

What are my options? Is it possible that I can get a boarding pass for GIG-MVD at JFK from a TAM agent? If not, is there a transfer desk at GIG?

I do have a Brazil visa but I'd like to avoid having to go through customs if possible.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:24 pm

from timatic:
TWOV (transit without visa) does not apply to passengers in transit through Sao Paulo Guarulhos (GRU) who hold a separate ticket, purchased on or after 1 October 2015, for their connecting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.