Wiki Posts
Search

Hand Sanitizer forbidden?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of the Above
Hand Sanitizer forbidden?

Flew back this week from VCP with the family, and had a ton of stuff confiscated at the security checkpoint, including hand sanitizer (because it's flammable?), shampoo that wasn't labeled properly, deodorant that was a gel, fingernail polish, and baby lotion that wasn't labeled properly. All items were less than 100 mls. Argued for a while with security who said it was an international law, and I asked what law, which they didn't know. I told them to quit lying to me, then they said it was a Brasilian law. I said they must not enforce it in GRU or GIG then and asked where that law was found. They told me where, I looked it up, and it said personal hygiene items were exempt. When I showed that to the agents they said that it was translated improperly, and in Portuguese it doesn't say that. However, it was the Brasilian government that translated the page (not google translate).

The AA agent said that lots of people have been complaining about security making up rules as they go in VCP.

Anyone seen anything similar to this?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The upside of this is that VCP has the cleanest, least malodorous, and most sanitary security guards in Brasil. And their skin is baby soft, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.