Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting at GIG - T2 to T1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UR, United MP, AAdvantage
Connecting at GIG - T2 to T1

My IAH - GIG flight is scheduled to arrive 09:15 on a thursday morning, I need to connect to a Gol flight in T1 departing 12:15. Anyone have any tips for the quickest route to T1 check-in after clearing customs? I won't be checking a bag, and will be one of the first off the plane... any insight as to how long customs/immigration/the walk could take at this time/day of the week? Thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
You have 3 hours which is plenty of time if your flight is not significantly late. Customs and Passport control should not take long. After exiting customs, go up to the check-in level towards the Tam check-in and you can walk to Terminal 1 in a connecting corridor. There are also electric carts that go back and forth. Doesn't really take that long.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: None no more
Just curious, has TAM domestic moved to T1?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:17 am
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Originally Posted by zackery149
Just curious, has TAM domestic moved to T1?
No, it is still at T2, but near the connection tunnel.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:23 pm

Just one route between the two terminals. You walk or try to get a ride on one of the golf carts. Assuming your flight is not very late, and you get through Immigration and Customs in a reasonable amount of time, and can hand your bags over to Gol at the transit desk outside Customs, it shouldn't be a burdensome connection. Maybe a 15 minute walk without rushing. These flights were booked together, I assume, so you can hand over your checked bags and get your boarding pass at the transit desk; no need to go to Gol's check-in counters in T1.

You might ask, when you check in with Gol, about paying to upgrade to a "comfort seat." Regular seats are very cramped. Comfort seats (e.g., bulkhead and exit rows) do have more space. Best seats are 2A, 2B and 2C. No row 1 on the left side of the plane on flights we've been on, so lots of legroom. If you can't get one of those try to get 1A. Exit rows seats technically reserved for Portuguese speakers in case there's a need to understand and pass on emergency instructions to other passengers.

Note that on Gol you have to pay for anything other than water in a cup. A menu with prices is handed out after takeoff.

Last edited by SoCal; Mar 14, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:19 pm

I'm going to revive this thread, I'm flying into GIG Terminal 1 and I have friends flying into Terminal 2 and we booked a hotel transfer but need to central/easy place to meet at the airport. Any suggestions? We arrive 20 minutes apart from the US so there's still baggage claim/etc to deal with but we want to meet before we exit the secure area so is there a way of one of us to cross to the other terminal without leaving security/going through customs?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by meraki
is there a way of one of us to cross to the other terminal without leaving security/going through customs?
No, there is none. I would advise everyone to meet up in Terminal 2, even if it means that you will have to walk more.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by C010T3
No, there is none. I would advise everyone to meet up in Terminal 2, even if it means that you will have to walk more.
is there any reason why T2 vs T1?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by meraki
is there any reason why T2 vs T1?
Except for Gol and Azul, all other airlines are operating from T2, which means that more resources are allocated there, especially for foreigners.

T1 is expected to be closed in 2017.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:05 am

Ahh ok. That's the thing, someone in our party is flying Azul. Thanks for your input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.