Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

GRU layover customs process

Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond

I will be landing in Terminal 3 at GRU on an international flight and will have a 6.5hr layover before a domestic departure from terminal 4.
What are the chances I can remain in Terminal 3 for a while(spend time in a lounge) and then go through customs and take the bus to Terminal 4?

arriving on UA, departing on Azul.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:33 pm

Zero chance, You will get your bags and immediately go through customs (after immigration of course) and get dumped out post security.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:52 am

First flight is international, second is domestic?

#1 has it right. Only place you can go before customs is the large Dufry duty free shop. You'll go through immigration, wait for your bags, then go through customs. Then you take your bags to a transit desk, check in there, get your second flight's boarding pass, and then you go through domestic flight security and proceed to your gate (bus to T4 is after security, I believe). Airline clubs are inside security, on the international side; you can't get to them.

I recently landed at T2 on an international flight and departed from T1 on a domestic flight. Only club outside security I could use was the overcrowded American Express Centurion Club. I've run into this more than once. If you find a way around this, let us know.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Even if you can't stay in a lounge, I suggest you stay at T3 as much as possible, even landside. There is NOTHING in T4, except a snacks counter.

I can't believe they cannot move Azul to T1/2 after the international flights have been removed from there. T4 is just a glorified warehouse with a new paint and some chairs.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat; UA.
Originally Posted by SoCal

(bus to T4 is after security, I believe).
Yes -- the bus from T1/T2 to Terminal 4 can be found outside the arrivals area of Terminal 4. It is indeed after security.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Hotel Check-In at 700am GRU?

Oops - wrong post!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.