Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help required for a Transit Stay at GRU

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Do you think we'll ever find out how the soap opera ends?
Yes, in few days, I will update as soon as I reach DOH Thanks for all the good comments!!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:00 pm

Do you think we'll ever find out how the soap opera ends?
I am excitedly waiting to hear the outcome of this. Hopefully OP's next post won't be from a detention cell in Sao Paulo
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by HMO
USA charges "only" US$160 for a transit visa...
Visa fee depends on nationality, not on where it is issued. An indian passport holder would have a visa for 20.00 dollars, regardless of where he/she applies.

By the way, Brazil rarely does transit visas. Since price and requirements are the same for tourist visas, most of the time you get a tourist visa if you apply for a transit one.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by carolnl
By the way, Brazil rarely does transit visas. Since price and requirements are the same for tourist visas, most of the time you get a tourist visa if you apply for a transit one.
Brazil does transit visas for passport holders from countries for which it has more stringent visa requirements. Transit visas for these passport holders have less stringent requirements. If you read carefully, the difference can be in the "proof of financial capability to pay for one's stay in a Brazil" for an overnight in transit or months as a tourist, the "other documents judged important for specific cases" that may need to prove sufficient connection to the home country (to not stay in Brazil to work illegally), and the details of the "covering letter...giving details of the proposed trip".
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by vikas51013
Yes, in few days, I will update as soon as I reach DOH Thanks for all the good comments!!
Good luck!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:49 am

Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsummy
I am excitedly waiting to hear the outcome of this. Hopefully OP's next post won't be from a detention cell in Sao Paulo

Look like, aome of you had lot of fun while waiting for me or commenting on the outcome of my travel , but it actually was quiet non-adventures and I am very-very happy to update you, that It went as I was expecting contrary to the suggestion/outcome predicted by many in this forum.My luggage with me, have reached safely without any issues, and this post , I am writting it from my home not from any other place, as Many have predicted. ^^^^

It actually went exactly the same way, As I figure out by talking to multiple people (Travel agents, Airlines etc), Glad I took my chances and trusted them.

@ Mexico, I was told that at GRU arrival, one of their team member will help me out with my luggage.When I arrived at GRU, one of airline team members had come to receive me and I was given a new baggage tag , and was told that my baggage would be recheck in by them and would be forwarded to the next airline. He advised me to confirm with the next airline, 2 hours before the flight.

I went to the departure gate, and I was told that they had received my baggage, and I was given the boarding passes as well as new baggage tags, So All in all, it went well. ^^^^^^

Thank you so much for all your great help!!!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Glad to hear it went well for you and that the airlines helped out. Still not a situation that I would want to trust, as it just as easily could have gone wrong if one of the airline agents failed to do what was expected.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by vikas51013
Look like, aome of you had lot of fun while waiting for me or commenting on the outcome ....
It actually went exactly the same way, As I figure out by talking to multiple people (Travel agents, Airlines etc), Glad I took my chances and trusted them!
Well, you never revealed to us that anyone had made any guarantees to you previous to your departure, just speculated as to how it 'might' be, so that's exactly what it was, taking your chances. So it worked out--- this time. Congratulations. Some people take their chances that they will win the lottery too.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:45 am

Glad you made it without incident. How did you spend your time during that long layover?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: FT
Well, you never revealed to us that anyone had made any guarantees to you previous to your departure, just speculated as to how it 'might' be, so that's exactly what it was, taking your chances. So it worked out--- this time. Congratulations. Some people take their chances that they will win the lottery too.
in all honesty, life is not without some level of risk. i consider it somewhat disingenuous to condescend to OP knowing full well that, even in your life, we all decide to accept or decline varying degrees of risk based on our own information gathered or reliance on information from others in a plethora of situations.

we all "take our chances" all the time. it is clear you were not comfortable with the level of risk OP assumed but why are you so nasty towards OP for not heeding your advice to mitigate that risk?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
in all honesty, life is not without some level of risk. i consider it somewhat disingenuous to condescend to OP knowing full well that, even in your life, we all decide to accept or decline varying degrees of risk based on our own information gathered or reliance on information from others in a plethora of situations.

we all "take our chances" all the time. it is clear you were not comfortable with the level of risk OP assumed but why are you so nasty towards OP for not heeding your advice to mitigate that risk?
Acknowledged.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr

I don't think anyone was nasty with OP. That said, there was some level of frustration due to the fact that he asked for advice, we gave the advice, and he essentially didn't take our advice and acted like everyone was wrong. Classic case of a friend asking for an opinion but really just looking for you to reinforce their ideas. I'm glad in the end we were all wrong though and he made it through without incident.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:05 am
HMO

I don't think anyone was nasty with OP. That said, there was some level of frustration due to the fact that he asked for advice, we gave the advice, and he essentially didn't take our advice and acted like everyone was wrong. Classic case of a friend asking for an opinion but really just looking for you to reinforce their ideas. I'm glad in the end we were all wrong though and he made it through without incident.
+1 ^
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: FT
Fair enough. I guess I'm just used to people asking for my advice and then just ignoring it all the time in my job....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.