Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

How to get from MIA to RIO cheapest?

Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:49 am
Original Poster

I recently went to Brazil, Rio and my round trip cost me around $900 is there any chance I can get that price around december?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:11 am

Need to give some dates. $900 awfully low for December, even early in the month, but Copa (change of planes at Panama City) might get you there for just a bit more. Non-stops will generally cost more. Lots of Web sites with air fares. Where have you looked so far? Be sure to try various dates since fares can vary a lot by exact days. You're not going for New Year's Eve, I assume.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:01 pm

For mid-December (It used to be that fares rose on Dec. 7.), I think you're looking at U$1200-1300 for Miami -Rio for a couple weeks stay.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SoCal
Need to give some dates. $900 awfully low for December, even early in the month, but Copa (change of planes at Panama City) might get you there for just a bit more. Non-stops will generally cost more. Lots of Web sites with air fares. Where have you looked so far? Be sure to try various dates since fares can vary a lot by exact days. You're not going for New Year's Eve, I assume.
Thanks, I've tried various web sites, I would say the most commonly used ones (Tripadvisor, orbitz, travelocity, expedia... ext) and they all seem to have around the same prices. I know that American Airlines recently cut ties with orbitz due to the fact that orbitz wouldn't allow a price change but the prices are still the same for both companies. My dates would be from the first week of december until before the 24th. I know that on the 23rd its a bit more economic so that would be my return but I could be more flexible with the first week. I would have to look into Copa, is that the company name? What am I looking for (a flight with any company to panama then rio)?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I would have to look into Copa, is that the company name? What am I looking for (a flight with any company to panama then rio)?
Copa is the name of Panama's airline. You'd fly them to Panama City and connect there to their flight to Rio.

www.copaair.com

If it defaults to Spanish, you can change to English with the button in the upper right corner of the page.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
Copa is the name of Panama's airline. You'd fly them to Panama City and connect there to their flight to Rio.

www.copaair.com

If it defaults to Spanish, you can change to English with the button in the upper right corner of the page.
Thanks for the suggestion, I looked into copa but AA still seems to have the best round trip offer. Still not cheap though :s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.