FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brazil (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazil-678/)
-   -   Brazil World Cup 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazil/1439337-brazil-world-cup-2014-a.html)

Swissaire Sep 6, 2013 11:25 am

Basta mantê-lo simples, Vida-

Your dealing with experienced Globalists here, some with elite status.

Vidic15 Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I have now all booked for my trip to Brazil for the World Cup - managed to get flights, 3 weeks worth of accommodation all for about AUD$4000.00.

Will be my first time to Brazil and will be visiting Sao Paulo, Salvador, Rio and Brasilia, and the odd day trip as well.

polandspringuy Sep 25, 2013 7:44 pm

I've just entered the lottery for some tickets. For all those that have already booked flight/hotel accommodations, are you booking refundable fares? If you end up not winning the lottery are you cancelling your reservations or making the most of it and making a trip out of it (and maybe hoping to score tickets at the venue)?

onfo Sep 30, 2013 9:28 am

Originally Posted by polandspringuy (Post 21506065)
I've just entered the lottery for some tickets. For all those that have already booked flight/hotel accommodations, are you booking refundable fares? If you end up not winning the lottery are you cancelling your reservations or making the most of it and making a trip out of it (and maybe hoping to score tickets at the venue)?

Just because you don't win the lottery, it doesn't mean you won't get tickets. There are numerous ways to get tickets, and for those who are persistent, you are all but guaranteed tickets.

See: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organis...ses/index.html

sis22 Oct 8, 2013 5:30 pm

im entering the lottery with a couple of friends
just read that 77% of the demand is coming from brazilians
assuming these are for the cheap cat 4 tickets? is it worth for my buddies and i to put in 3 apps, 1 for CAT 1, 1 for CAT 2, and 1 for CAT 3?

Last thing i want is to get stuck with all of these venue specific tickets for RIO....

polandspringuy Oct 8, 2013 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by sis22 (Post 21576159)
im entering the lottery with a couple of friends
just read that 77% of the demand is coming from brazilians
assuming these are for the cheap cat 4 tickets? is it worth for my buddies and i to put in 3 apps, 1 for CAT 1, 1 for CAT 2, and 1 for CAT 3?

Last thing i want is to get stuck with all of these venue specific tickets for RIO....

I'm not taking any chances... Our group is applying for redundant games/venues. In the unlikely chance we win multiple tickets we can still unload them (less 10% as I understand it).

stimpy Oct 9, 2013 12:46 am

Originally Posted by polandspringuy (Post 21577235)
I'm not taking any chances... Our group is applying for redundant games/venues. In the unlikely chance we win multiple tickets we can still unload them (less 10% as I understand it).

Yes, be careful with that. These tickets are coded and you can't resell them on your own. You have to resell them through FIFA and maybe someone will buy them or maybe not. So if you join the lottery, you ought to be sure you will go to the matches.

polandspringuy Oct 9, 2013 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 21577814)
Yes, be careful with that. These tickets are coded and you can't resell them on your own. You have to resell them through FIFA and maybe someone will buy them or maybe not. So if you join the lottery, you ought to be sure you will go to the matches.

I applied for the opener, semis, and finals. It's my understanding that re-sells are allowed thru FIFA for a 10% fee (excluding the primary applicant). I'm sure I'd be able to unload these tickets if I were forced to...

spainlover Oct 9, 2013 4:27 pm

@sis22 -- there are two categories of tickets - for Brazilians and for foreigners. Can't remember the exact percentage, but something like 20-25% are reserved for Brazilians. There is a different price point, approximately half of what it is for others, to ensure local residents are able to attend.

If you put in for Category 1 tickets, there is a box you can check to say if you are open to getting tickets for Category 2 and 3 if they are sold out for Category 1. That gives you more flexibility by putting in for most expensive option.
Hope that helps.

Vidic15 Oct 9, 2013 8:02 pm

So the deadline is almost over for first stage ticket applications now.

Getting very excited at hopefully getting tickets, although the potential 3 week wait between now and the next stage to hear will be hard!

VidaNaPraia Oct 11, 2013 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Vidic15 (Post 21499913)
I have now all booked for my trip to Brazil for the World Cup - managed to get flights, 3 weeks worth of accommodation all for about AUD$4000.00.

Better be careful, as you were originally told here and elsewhere, with this " too good to be true" rate. There is now at least one new post on another Brazil forum reporting that, despite receiving an email confirmation, the accomodation is saying that it cannot honor the booking, and inviting the poster to rebook a WC package at a stiffly higher price.

boar Oct 12, 2013 4:43 am

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia (Post 21591201)
Better be careful, as you were originally told here and elsewhere, with this " too good to be true" rate. There is now at least one new post on another Brazil forum reporting that, despite receiving an email confirmation, the accomodation is saying that it cannot honor the booking, and inviting the poster to rebook a WC package at a stiffly higher price.

This certainly happened in South Africa when certain hotels seemed to forget their country was hosting the WC.

Also not worth worrying about not being able to offload tickets for any of the important games. Buying TST7 tickets for a poorly supported nation is always the way to go for anybody who wants to go to the final.

ThePointsCollector Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Last night US Air was showing 60K availability to GRU. Today I only see 90K miles RT. :confused:

nlfmanager Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm

anyone hear re: lottery yet? Anectodally heard from a friend he was selected, but card was declined so he lost his tickets.

stimpy Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am

The lottery was delayed and we may not hear til Nov 4th whether we won or not. See http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organis...ewsid=2208369/

And the 2nd sale period will also be delayed.