Reload this Page >

Advice on Booking Flights/Hotels for World Cup 2014 in Brazil

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Booking Flights/Hotels for World Cup 2014 in Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Any chance you have extra tickets for Rio game on june 15, game #11, ARG vs BH? I will love to go!
I am sorry I do not, I will be using both of them.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Hello,

I have put together a small recap of everyone going to the worldcup. Feel free to join :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazi...ld-cup-do.html
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

This thread is probably best suited to the Brazil destination forum where there are a number of other 2014 World Cup travel discussions taking place.

Thanks!

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I picked up my World Cup tickets today in Rio de Janeiro at one of the FIFA ticket collection venues, Casarăo General Severiano. I made an appointment, but there was no line today at 4 p.m., regardless of whether one had an appointment or not. There were some shady characters outside, but the inside was secured like a bank. Went to a kiosk, chose English as my preferred language, swiped my credit card, and, voila, I had my tickets. Also picked up tickets for a fellow FlyerTalker (with a power of attorney), but had to go to the ticket window and deal with an agent for that. Again, very painless and expedient. If only my visit to Sugarloaf this morning -- three hour line for the cable car; yuck! -- was as easy.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I picked up my World Cup tickets today in Rio de Janeiro at one of the FIFA ticket collection venues, Casarăo General Severiano. I made an appointment, but there was no line today at 4 p.m., regardless of whether one had an appointment or not. There were some shady characters outside, but the inside was secured like a bank. Went to a kiosk, chose English as my preferred language, swiped my credit card, and, voila, I had my tickets. Also picked up tickets for a fellow FlyerTalker (with a power of attorney), but had to go to the ticket window and deal with an agent for that. Again, very painless and expedient. If only my visit to Sugarloaf this morning -- three hour line for the cable car; yuck! -- was as easy.
Yes, a definite upgrade from last year's Confederation Cup collection process. Although that experience was reasonably efficient if one, similarly, made an appointment (fewer of which were available).
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
If only my visit to Sugarloaf this morning -- three hour line for the cable car; yuck! -- was as easy.
Sorry to hear about your wait.

Did you try purchasing your tickets on-line?

You can choose your date, at least a day in advance, which can help a lot in avoiding the lines. There's a small convenience fee charged to your credit card.

http://www.guicheweb.com.br/bondinho/
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:29 am

If only my visit to Sugarloaf this morning -- three hour line for the cable car; yuck! -- was as easy.
Well, you did decide to go on a long weekend.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:42 am

It says page jot found

Page not found
Old May 13, 2014, 7:31 am

There hasn't been much talk since February so I was wondering if anyone knows which airline is the best to book with as far as award travel goes. I see 60k roundtrip with AA from ATL, is that the best currently available?
Old May 14, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by mandeep
There hasn't been much talk since February so I was wondering if anyone knows which airline is the best to book with as far as award travel goes. I see 60k roundtrip with AA from ATL, is that the best currently available?
The best is arbitrary, depends on your location, needs, time, etc

If AA shows milesaaver awards, then MIA-BRAZIL using avios is the "best" for me. I did that for two tickets
Old May 20, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
The best is arbitrary, depends on your location, needs, time, etc

If AA shows milesaaver awards, then MIA-BRAZIL using avios is the "best" for me. I did that for two tickets
The AA milesavers are all booked. Does anybody know of a Chase transfer partner that currently has award seats available (flying out of ATL)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.