Best pizza in the world

Subscribe
Some argue for Braz, some for Capricciosa but nobody seems to suggest there is ant better in the world. I vote for Capricciosa. What do you think?
As long as it has calabresa on it I am happy!!!
Is it best pizza in Rio we are talking about (?) or Brazil (?) because in that case Sao Paulo certainly has some strong cards in that category also
Actually I was referring to the world, but since N. sarkosy has a chef who thinks pizza in SP is superior to that of Italy I began with my own bias. Braz for SP and Capriciossa for Rio.
Sorry Guys, but the best pizza in the world is made in EZE, on an Argentine style parrilla (grill) fired by real charcoal & wood, and can be found at Morelia.... ^ :-: @:-)
Quote: Sorry Guys, but the best pizza in the world is made in EZE, on an Argentine style parrilla (grill) fired by real charcoal & wood, and can be found at Morelia.... ^ :-: @:-)
That is OK. Jingoism is perfectly acceptable in the southern cone, especially for those who are not in "o mais grande do Mundo". Your wines are our favorites anyway. Do we drink more of it than you do?
Quote:
Some argue for Braz, some for Capricciosa but nobody seems to suggest there is any better in the world. I vote for Capricciosa. What do you think?
-

Only in Brazil will pizza with strawberries and chocolate be found along with numerous other non-traditional toppings that only a true Brazilian could enjoy.

Although much of the cuisine in Brazil is great, I shy away from pizza because in Brazil, it tastes so unlike what one finds in Italy and in many countries that copy Italian style pizzas.

Bottom line? I love Brazil but I do not like the pizzas one finds there. (Sorry)
-
Quote: Some argue for Braz, some for Capricciosa but nobody seems to suggest there is ant better in the world.
Nobody suggests there is any better? Who did you ask?

Gaucho is partially correct. The best pizza in South America can be found in EZE but for the best in the world try Gino's on Cross Bay Boulevard, Howard Beach (about 3 miles from JFK airport)
http://pizzatherapy.com/international.htm

Methinks this list is unofficial, but it lists a number of establishments worldwide that others consider to have the "best" pizza.
An unbiased view even though it is not April 1
Quote: Only in Brazil will pizza with strawberries and chocolate be found along with numerous other non-traditional toppings that only a true Brazilian could enjoy.

Although much of the cuisine in Brazil is great, I shy away from pizza because in Brazil, it tastes so unlike what one finds in Italy and in many countries that copy Italian style pizzas.

Bottom line? I love Brazil but I do not like the pizzas one finds there. (Sorry)
-
Have you been to Los Angeles? I have not had the sad experience of sweet pizza, but I am addicted to the truffle pizza at Capricciosa and at a few other locations, one in Nice, another near Genoa, but the Carioca version, made in a restaurant run by Italians is the best.

Of course I have no bias. Not in the least. Perfect objectivity as suits somebody who chose to naturalize in Brazil.
I have to say the sweet pizza thing I dont get... strawberry and pineapple with pizza I just cannot understand.... (where is the puke smilie when I need it?)
Quote: That is OK. Jingoism is perfectly acceptable in the southern cone, especially for those who are not in "o mais grande do Mundo". Your wines are our favorites anyway. Do we drink more of it than you do?
Jingoism aside, I think Pizza is one dish that is very well made in various cities of all continents.... you just have to ask a local where to get it, and make sure the local you ask is a foodie...
This is a bit like asking "who's the best team?" in that most people will vociferously defend the pizza with which they are familiar. My dad is from Chicago, of course he's gonna say Chicago style is the best. My wife's Italian relatives will support Italian pizza (although they're from Lombardy so pizza is "imported") Of course, DC has no pizza so I'm completely unbiased My personal favorite is the smoked salmon pizza at my local Turkish restaurant, but let's face it, everything is better with fish! As for traditional pizza, my Carioca friends never pushed it when I was there (maybe because everything else is so good), so I never tried it. Had a few slices in Argentina, not at any well recommended place, and they were excellent. I have to give the nod to Italian pizza, the farther south the better (the farthest I dared venture was Rome).
A Slice of Heaven
excerpt from Continental in-flight magazine:

http://magazine.continental.com/200909-been-there

Quote:
A Slice of Heaven

Whenever I tell people how good the pizza is in São Paulo, they almost always react with great skepticism. Pizza? In Brazil? But pizza Paulistana, one of the foundations of São Paulo's gastronomic culture, is so shockingly good that you'll soon forget the marriage of dough, cheese, and tomato sauce originated anywhere else.

On any night Pizzaria Bráz, one of the city's 5,000-plus pizzerias, is flooded with revelers. White-jacketed waiters serve ice-cold chope (Brazilian draft beer), pão de calabresa (loaves of sausage-stuffed bread, served piping hot), and the tastiest pizza ever to emerge from a brick oven.

"Do not eat it with your hands," I'm told. That's not the Brazilian way. Here, pizza is eaten in a more refined manner, with a knife and fork. "Do not serve yourself!" I'm scolded again. As the waiters navigate the floor, they serve your next piece with the grace of ballerinas.

I devour the four-cheese pizza (taleggio, pecorino, caciocavallo, and gorgonzola) and another, called Fosca (smoked ham, mozzarella, and a Brazilian cream cheese known as Catupiry). My level of satisfaction hovers between giddy schoolboy first kiss and college commencement post-graduation cap toss. It's that good. People here say this is the best pizza in the world - that even the Italians are jealous. I have no rebuttal.

Which brings up the topic of superlatives. Try as you may, it's nearly impossible to avoid them anytime you're describing São Paulo. The biggest this, the best that, and so on. For instance, along Rua Oscar Freire — Brazil's equivalent to Rodeo Drive, in the leafy, upscale Jardim Paulista neighborhood — sits a shop called O Melhor Bolo de Chocolate do Mundo, which translates as The Best Chocolate Cake in the World.

This enticing sweet shop serves only its namesake item. But like São Paulo itself, this cake is not what you think. As I devour it, expecting a moist and dense dessert swimming in chocolate, my taste buds stutter-stop when it turns out to have a more cookie-like consistency, almost too dry if it weren't for the layers of oh-so-decadent, soft and gooey French chocolate. It turns out The Best Chocolate Cake in the World is both yeast free and flour free. — K.R.
Quote: excerpt from Continental in-flight magazine:

http://magazine.continental.com/200909-been-there
Too bad the Continental inflight magazine is no more.