Reload this Page >

Getting from Porto Alegre/POA to Sao Leopoldo

Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years

Hello everybody,

I arrive at POA around 1PM on Monday and need to get to Sao Leopoldo where is my office. My knowledge of Spanish/Portuguese is limited to 'por favor'.

What is the most practical way to get from A to B? Should I use taxi at airport or Grab/Uber works in Brazil? If latter, is it how safe it is, knowing the crime statistics in Brazil?

Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:55 pm

You can take a cab, an Uber or even the train (http://www.trensurb.gov.br/home.php?l=en-US).
I have never tried Uber at POA, so I wouldn't know if the perimeter of airport is blocked. If it is, you can always ask for the Uber pretending you're outside of it, but text the driver that you're at the airport, but I do realize it could be tricky if don't speak Portuguese.
I would take the cab, but any alternative is fine.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by C010T3
You can take a cab, an Uber or even the train (http://www.trensurb.gov.br/home.php?l=en-US).
I have never tried Uber at POA, so I wouldn't know if the perimeter of airport is blocked. If it is, you can always ask for the Uber pretending you're outside of it, but text the driver that you're at the airport, but I do realize it could be tricky if don't speak Portuguese.
I would take the cab, but any alternative is fine.
Great, thanks for suggestion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.