Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Need a description intro paragraph to place under the forum name

Old Dec 31, 2010, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member

Hi All,

The forum title looks kind of naked right now with now short descriptive paragraph to introduce it to other people. Guess we need to find out how to get that added, but first we need to develop the description.

If anyone wants to post suggestions here or PM me with ideas, I will work on putting something together. For ideas, just take a look at the other world forums.

Thanks,
Fred
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
By far The largest land area and population in South America

Says it all.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
This requires lots of thought. There are so many superlatives. Good and not so, Brazil has nothing mediocre. As large as the continental USA, home of the largest slow river the Pqntanal and the largest river thé Amazon. So much more...
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Brazil has nothing mediocre.
Well, apart from their 2 largest airports, which both need to be dynamited next week, and re-built from the ground up! FAST.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
[QUOTE=ozstamps;15559978]Well, apart from their 2 largest airports, which both need to be dynamited next week, and re-built from the ground up! FAST. If you can only complain about airports and find nothing else to do I suggest you follow Gaucho100k advice and sell a couple of stamps and learn howbto have a life. There are things to complain about everywhere. Please try to be constructive if you can do so.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll comment on what I wish, thank you very much.

And Brazil's gateways airport's are both a total disgrace as most in Brazil will agree.

You may not, but I do.

To rebuild a huge airport takes many years, and MUCH planning, and MUCH will, and MUCH money, and the Olympics are now just 5 years away you may not have noticed.

I'll be visiting Brazil a few tiimes a year, and all voices to get action starting there are not too late - even now.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
ozstamps. If you accept information from Wikipedia, work is underway on making improvements, it just may be that you can not visually see anything yet. From Wikipedia:

On 31 August 2009, Infraero unveiled a BRL1,489.5 million (USD784.7 million; EUR549.8 million) investment plan [9] to up-grade Guarulhos International Airport focusing on the preparations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup which will be held in Brazil, São Paulo being one of the venue cities. The investment will be distributed as follows:

* Construction of further taxiways. Value 19.0. Completion: April 2011
* Enlargement of apron and taxiways. Value 370.5. Completion: July 2011
* Construction of the passenger terminal 3. Value 1,100.0. Completion: March 2014

And this month, GRU will have completed 26 years of operation, so it is more 80ish that 60ish. Highly unlikely a drastic action such as you suggest, to dynamite and start over, will occur. After all, there are a lot of logistical considerations, such as what alternatives would be available to reroute the traffic.

Whether the improvements bring you more peace of mind in your travels to Brazil remains to be seen. In any event, enjoy the rest of Brazil while you are here.

Last edited by qfrodo; Jan 1, 2011 at 9:51 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps

And Brazil's gateways airport's are both a total disgrace as most in Brazil will agree.

You may not, but I do.

To rebuild a huge airport takes many years, and MUCH planning, and MUCH will, and MUCH money, and the Olympics are now just 5 years away you may not have noticed.

I'll be visiting Brazil a few tiimes a year, and all voices to get action starting there are not too late - even now.
You should comment as you wish. You may note that being rude generates hostility while being polite tends to generate support. It is obviously your choice. Nobody argues that Brazil needs major improvements in many areas. One does wonder why someone who appears so disdainful chooses to return to the scene of such distress. I am sorry that life is so hard for you in Brazil.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:25 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Well, apart from their 2 largest airports, which both need to be dynamited next week, and re-built from the ground up! FAST.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

You may not, but I do.

(the above post quoted for the record)

Estimado JBCarioca-- dont waste time trying to reason with Dear Old Glen. Its been tried before, and all have failed. Glen believes he has all the answers to all the questions, and he has a history of letting others know that his own personal views are nothing less than "revealed truth". Ive known Glen for many many years and he is a great guy (a kind host), but he is known to be opinionated in a way that will many times rub off in the wrong way with those he interacts with. He doesnt mean to do this... he just cant help it !!! ^

Im happy to see Glen on the Brazil boards... I wish he would come back more often to the Argentina Forum... In any event, lets hope for the fate of MercoSur that he continues to come to this region and support the "economias regionales"... if he does, I assure you this area will experience an additional percentage growh of GDP !!!! ^

Cheers from Santa Maria de los Buenos Aires and Feliz Año Nuevo para todos!!!
Gaucho100K
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by qfrodo
The forum title looks kind of naked right now with now short descriptive paragraph to introduce it to other people. Guess we need to find out how to get that added, but first we need to develop the description.
Whatever the text.... it must include " o mais grande do mundo... " ^
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:58 am

O mais grande do mundo (for Gaucho)

Here is a far to long first attempt:
We love futebol, samba and nightlife especially in Rio de Janeiro and Salvador. Our huge size and diversity amazes everyone including Brasileiros. Our hard-working denizens of Business centers have given us control of the world's largest beer maker, soy producer, meatpacker, mining company and much more. With all our large achievements and features we have outsized problems too. Our FlyerTalkers will help you find the best and avoid the rest.

Temos grande prazer em ajuda-los a conhecer mais o Brasil.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Not bad jbcarioca. Perhaps we should change the tense and use more generalities to shorten it up? Something like this perhaps?

Passionate about life: futebal, samba, nightlife everywhere in South America’s largest country in land area and population. Home to some of the world’s largest companies: beer maker, soy producer, meatpacker, mining company and others. Diversity to suit almost everyone. Come and be informed!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.