Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Buying a SIM card in GRU

Buying a SIM card in GRU

Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Buying a SIM card in GRU

Is there a TIM store in GRU?

I would like to buy a sim card upon arrival. I'm wondering if I can find a TIM store at the airport and until what time it is open (I should be arriving around 8pm tomorrow (saturday evening)).

Thanks!

Any help as to what kind of prepaid I choose use with my iPhone would be greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by fredsxb

Is there a TIM store in GRU?

I would like to buy a sim card upon arrival. I'm wondering if I can find a TIM store at the airport and until what time it is open (I should be arriving around 8pm tomorrow (saturday evening)).

Thanks!

Any help as to what kind of prepaid I choose use with my iPhone would be greatly appreciated!
I have used most terminals at GRU. I have never seen a TIM store in any terminal there. Therefore, it is unlikely you will be able to purchase a TIM - SIM while at the airport.

Considering you are arriving Saturday night around 8 p.m., it is unlikely that you will find a place open in town that sells TIM, SIMs. Depending on where you plan to stay in Brazil, you could find a TIM store open on Sunday, particularly in a mall.

Once you have the TIM SIM, you can recharge your credits by purchasing air time from markets, news stands or you can register your TIM telephone number so that you can recharge over the TIM site.

Here is a web address that might help you gain a little more information about TIM. The information at the web address is in English.

http://www.tim.com.br/portal/site/Po...00a22e700a____

I hope this helps.
-
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
TIM store there isn't, but you can recharge your card at many places, like bookstores, drugstores, and such. I think some of them will sell cards as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.