Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

I'm sorry sir we've run out of vouchers! (Free wifi at BMI domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat

Despite huge signs at reception advertising 'free wifi'. LOL typical bmi style advertise, and don't deliver. Hey any other FTer's in the lounge right now?

Last edited by tomvonc; Jul 28, 2009 at 3:00 am Reason: My punctuation is ....
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat
can't even get a bacon butty here grrrrrr (why am I moaning, I've been using this airport for years. I should know what to expect). But BA is calling... just for the simple pleasures..
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: BD*S
Have they repeatedly been out of vouchers, or is it just now when you needed one? Give them their due, the lounge ladies and gents do a sterling job under difficult circumstances!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:11 am
Original Poster

To be honest, it's the first time in ages I've used the lounge. Time permitting I'd rather sit in the pub near the *A lounge, get some hot food, have a beer and people watch for a bit. But I assume it's probably very typical ;-)
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
On a Sunday the other week I asked for one and the lady noted down my name on a form and gave me what appeared to be the final card in her little baggie. I went upstairs and remembered I still had plenty of free minutes left of my rarely-used (now BA have proper free WiFi in their lounges at last) monthly Openzone account so used that instead and handed the unused card back to her as I left. She looked confused AND I didn't have food just a drink on my flights that day. Really doing my bit for BD's bottom line, I reckon
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Winge moan.......

as i sit munching a different brand of pretzels for my brekkie.
BD really are losing it when it comes to a premium product. (sorry, I think this has been mentioned before ;-))
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:24 am
Original Poster

ohhhh new brand of pretzels..!!! There is 'Executive ' written on the packet. It's all ok, I feel important now.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
It's like being on Twitter...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
I'm happily Tweet-free . However the lack of spare vouchers is a bit worrying...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
It's like being on Twitter...
@ajamieson Yep
Old Jul 28, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I saw StateStreet (or was it MainStreet) pretzels in the supermarket the other day. It brought back memories.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
I was there yesterday morning and got one of what looked like about 10 left in the draw. Only used about 30 minutes of it - sorry!!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Penn State Pretzels.

Available at all good supermarket and Poundland/99p sort of stores.

Originally Posted by jbfield
I saw StateStreet (or was it MainStreet) pretzels in the supermarket the other day. It brought back memories.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by tomvonc
can't even get a bacon butty here grrrrrr (why am I moaning, I've been using this airport for years. I should know what to expect). But BA is calling... just for the simple pleasures..
I can remember a time when BD staff would have brought you a fresh one as soon as they were ready, that never happens any more - or does it? I was in the BA lounge one morning last week when they ran out. I didn't have to ask, one of the staff brought me a plate of three a couple of minutes later. I only wanted one but they were too good to leave!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tomvonc
as i sit munching a different brand of pretzels for my brekkie.
BD really are losing it when it comes to a premium product. (sorry, I think this has been mentioned before ;-))
Why rely on airlines and their lounges for breakfast? I go to Giraffe or Prêt à Manger. Or, dare I say it, have something before I leave home/the hotel. Now there's a thought.

We're not living in the 80s anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.