Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: First class from FRA Cx

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: First class from FRA Cx

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
First class from FRA Cx

I have a First class trip from FRA- booked before the changes on 30th April. ^

It's 3 sectors at the mo and cost business miles as the longest (3rd) and 2nd sector is in "C" (No availibiltyon the direct fight )

Now there is availabilty in "F" on the first sector to cut out the (unwanted) second sector.

Q.
1. AFAIK when I ring the ICC to cx this route I should only be charged the Ł20 "change" fee and the extra 25K miles as the first sector would now be the longest and in "F"

This is because I booked the original F before the changes.

Agree?

Q
2 My partner is 500 miles short of the 25K and I have 10K over.
Will I need to buy her the extra 1K or will the ICC give me leeway and take them from m account?

Ta
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Q1) You haven't really got an F trip from FRA; it's currently a C trip with a freebie F sector.

You can change it for Ł20 but, as your original price is C, your upgrade to all F willl now be charged at the x2.5 rate.

Q2) no.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
As FlyingOnceMore says, it'll be at the new rate to turn it into a proper F ticket.

No leeway either with the 500 mile shortfall. However as there is currently no fee to buy miles via flybmi.com, now is a good time to buy the 1,000 miles that you need.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Q1) You haven't really got an F trip from FRA; it's currently a C trip with a freebie F sector.
You can change it for Ł20 but, as your original price is C, your upgrade to all F willl now be charged at the x2.5 rate.

Q2) no.
Thank you for the quick ( if vitriolic) answer.

The longest (last) sector was in "C" because there was no "F" ( and still isn't ).

The second sector was the only way I could make the connection to the last sector.

So "if" I change to what I actually wanted in the first place (at the extra expense of Ł40) I'll be flying in "F" for just over halfway (about 200 miles difference) and then "C" for the rest, but STILL pay for "F" for the whole way!

Does that make you feel better
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAPC
As FlyingOnceMore says, it'll be at the new rate to turn it into a proper F ticket.

No leeway either with the 500 mile shortfall. However as there is currently no fee to buy miles via flybmi.com, now is a good time to buy the 1,000 miles that you need.

Thanks for the speedy repsonse.

Didn't think Q2 was an option and as you say it's a good time to buy 1K miles.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by blindman
So "if" I change to what I actually wanted in the first place (at the extra expense of Ł40) I'll be flying in "F" for just over halfway (about 200 miles difference) and then "C" for the rest, but STILL pay for "F" for the whole way!
Unless you find F availability for the rest of the flights! As such, if I was you I'd just be happy to have some F for C miles and enjoy a slightly longer trip

PS: What was your exact routing, I'm curious is yours a LH F flight? (Curious if one can manage to do a full C+M including some LH F, or a Miles only C and get a taster of LH F :P)
Old Jul 5, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Thumbs down I see no vitriol

To my mind, just a quick post with the correct information - maybe you won't get such a quick response next time.

Hand. Bite. Feed.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Chill, everyone. It's far too nice a summer's evening .....
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
That's got nothing to do with whether you should be charged one mileage amount or another

Firstly, let's not forget that the official rule is that you pay for the highest class of travel (guideline 3 here), so the "longest sector" rule is nothing more than courtesy that some of us have been fortunate enough to receive

Secondly, you're changing your routing for whatever reason (whether it be availability or not - it's not DC's fault there wasn't a direct flight), so effectively you are cancelling the previous booking and constructing an entirely new one. Ergo, full mileage cost at today's rates, plus change fees

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear

PS Why so reticent about sharing your routing? ...it would make it so much easier to understand what you're asking...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

Does that make you feel better
You have obviously got the wrong end of the stick.

There was nothing wrong or vitriolic about FlyingOnceMore's answer.
You asked the question and he answered it even if the answers don’t suit.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:36 am
Original Poster

In the more (sober ) light of day I see FlyingOnceMore's answer was not vitriolic.

I apologize to all concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.