Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: connection or stopover possible in a more "expensive" zone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: connection or stopover possible in a more "expensive" zone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

connection or stopover possible in a more "expensive" zone?

Need some help here: redeeming one-way award, is it possible to connect or better yet make a stopover in a more expensive zone?

Two possible scenarios here:

LAX - SIN (connection or stopover) - PEK

PEK - LAX (connection or stopover) - HNL

Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Hi,

I checked a similar requirement with the ICC last week, wanting a one-way zone 7 stopover (40K Miles) from a zone 8 to zone 1 destination (35K Miles).

I was told it would be OK, but I would be charged the miles from the more expensive of the two zones.

You may have a better result if it's simply a connection (<24 hours).

I wouldn't count this as a definative answer - the ICC interpretation of DC rules seems to be often inconsistent !

Regards,
Graham
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by gwhiteuk
Hi,

I checked a similar requirement with the ICC last week, wanting a one-way zone 7 stopover (40K Miles) from a zone 8 to zone 1 destination (35K Miles).

I was told it would be OK, but I would be charged the miles from the more expensive of the two zones.

You may have a better result if it's simply a connection (<24 hours).

I wouldn't count this as a definative answer - the ICC interpretation of DC rules seems to be often inconsistent !

Regards,
Graham

This isn't the case in reality. Check out the redemptions thread and you will find many many examples of routings such as NRT-SIN (stopover)-CPH etc. Routing Japan/China - Europe via SIN and BKK with a stopover is a great use of miles. Probably the official line is that you will be charged higher miles but the reality is that you will be charged zone 8 miles rather than the higher zone 7 miles.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:54 pm

I've also seen MAN-BGI (Z4)-YYZ (Z3).
Old Jan 15, 2009, 1:50 am

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Hi All,

I'm confirming JetStreamer's post. When booking the redemption I was not charged higher miles/cash, for a short stopover in a more 'expensive' zone. ^

Regards,
Graham

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.