Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: Best option for award LHR-CCU?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: Best option for award LHR-CCU?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
I needed to get to CCU earlier in the year for a wedding and can heartily recommend LH in First on that route. There is typically lots of premium cabin redemption availability vs other Indian cities, and the FCT is a big bonus - esp limo transfers for your father. Travelling ex-Z2 (e.g. ARN) can also save a few miles if you are short

Actually, to be honest, although my schedule didn't allow me to fly back on LH, the domestic connecting leg (on Kingfisher, but Jet is just as good) to pick up my return flight from DEL was pretty cheap, comfortable and stress-free - even the connection at DEL (don't bother with the interterminal bus, just take a cab)

So, I personally would say it's not worth the hassle of backtracking via Asia, whether or not it's permitted - especially as you always end up in the oldest, nastiest TG/SQ aircraft on the CCU leg
Old Oct 19, 2008, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Revisiting this, yes its ok to take SQ, and the bonus is that the SIN-CCU leg will be in business at the economy redemption rate, so basically if I do miles and cash this ticket should only cost me 12.5k miles, bargain!

When you're booked on what is essentially an economy award like this with an onwards leg in C, do you have lounge access?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:21 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by aceman
When you're booked on what is essentially an economy award like this with an onwards leg in C, do you have lounge access?
In SIN, yes. In LHR, really depends on the mood of the agents, as you won't be connecting onto a same-day business class flight.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Excellent thanks, not worried about him at LHR since I've given him a priority pass. OF course, 5 minutes ago he told me he doesn't want to go via SIN now...

Wonderful...
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:15 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Excellent thanks, not worried about him at LHR since I've given him a priority pass. OF course, 5 minutes ago he told me he doesn't want to go via SIN now...

Wonderful...
Oh dear

It wouldn't be so bad if you hadn't had to go through all the palava of talking to the call centre just to get it booked in the first place.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Revisiting this, yes its ok to take SQ, and the bonus is that the SIN-CCU leg will be in business at the economy redemption rate, so basically if I do miles and cash this ticket should only cost me 12.5k miles, bargain!

Mmmm is it?

Maybe for you but your poor old dad will be in economy for the major part. Don't be a stingy, book him into at least Business Class all the way.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Mmmm is it?

Maybe for you but your poor old dad will be in economy for the major part. Don't be a stingy, book him into at least Business Class all the way.
Problem is its SQ, no business class awards, this side of 2020!!

However, I'm probably flying in C LHR-BKK in November, so now my cunning plan is to book the economy redemption LHR-BKK-CCU and fly out on the same flight as him, me taking the economy seat and giving him the business seat.

If only LH allowed miles & cash for F still, all my problems would be gone!!

Edit: is that only for F or miles only for C also?

Last edited by aceman; Oct 20, 2008 at 6:09 pm
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)

Edit: is that only for F or miles only for C also?
Only F
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAPC
Only F
hmmm, I sense a cunning plan....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.