Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LH F Do they release more reward seats??

Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold

Does any one have any experience with LH opening up reward seats??

I need 2 return F tickets to the USA from FRA, and I have availability going out no problem, but coming back there is only one seat in F, the trip is at the end of May and the dates are non flexible. I booked the one return already and the outbound leg of the second ticket, should I just go for a business ticket and pay the £25 charge to upgrade the ticket or play a game and just hope a F becomes available before J runs out

They could offer me 2 via a different route, so some one has already had one of the seats

Or do they tend to release maybe 1 or 2 more tickets in a few days ?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
May 2009?

LH are generally very good about opening up reward availability much closer to the date.

For eg, if you were travelling within a few weeks you would probably have no problem getting flights in F
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Yes May 09.
I guess the big question is do I book a J seat to be sure we are both on the plane and then fingers crossed for the upgrade closer to date of travel.
OR
Rebook now and get 2 F seats with a slightly different route that would cut 3 hours of a city break that is already pretty short but it would also stop the worry of a 1:45 min connection been missed.

either way I am going to be spending £25 getting the one flight upgraded if F becomes available or now by cancelling the one F seat I already booked, short of gambling and doing nothing right now.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dino2020
book a J seat to be sure we are both on the plane and then fingers crossed for the upgrade closer to date of travel.
This is exactly what i would do...

Chances are that the seat in F will become available. And even if it doesnt, then a seat in C on the route/date you want isnt all that bad.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

MY friend doesnt want to take the risk so it looks like a £25 charge to cancel, and rebook on the route with 2 F's available, there is an upside though the connecting flight was only in Y, with new route its in J so that means lounge access, it just means we both have to have £12.50's worth of beers and snacks each to balance it out
Old Jul 6, 2008, 4:33 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
When we travelled to SFO earlier this year on LH, there were at least 4 reward seats in F.

We bagged 2 in September last year and then another 2 opened up in January this year so it does happen.

My advice would be to book 1F and 1C for the time being and then keep an eye on the ANA tool for more seats opening up and then pay the change fee to upgrade the C to F. If you are worried about a connection though and your gut is telling you to book the other route, then you could always do that.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Well its gone mental, its for the F1 next year in Canada, and the seats only become available for the 8th June yesterday (they dont even appear on the ANA tool)and already the 2 initials F seats on LH F from PHL JFK BOS have all sold out on the Mon, as has the direct flight in executive first from YUL, we couldn't even get 2 seats from YUL-LGA in Y at the time we wanted, so had to get the earlier flight. We took the last 2 F's and get in at 5.30am
Old Jul 6, 2008, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Congrats on getting F ^

Back to the original question - LH is good at releasing additional F award seats very close to departure, but only if the load supports it. If you had held off then you would be gambling the F cabin will not be filled, which might or might not work out for you. IMO better to have locked in now even on a not perfect route

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.