FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Status match from FB? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/782926-status-match-fb.html)

OttoMH Jan 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Status match from FB?

Couldn't find any answers in the master status-match sticky for Diamond Club.

I spoke with the call center and asked if they would match my FB status for BD and the lady said they only match BA.

Is this the end of the matter?

I have AFKL Gold/ST Elite + and would quite like to start flying with BMI/SAS for my monthly work trips, but I can't face a year without status :(

frankvb Jan 25, 2008 6:22 am

I did this a few years (>2) back and it was no problem. No guarantee for them doing it now of course. Just send them an email with attached the webpage showing your FB status.

Corpt Jan 25, 2008 6:28 am

Send an e-mail to Joanna on diamond DOT club AT flybmi.com with your DC membership number and a scanned copy of your card and recent statement from FB. She should then do the rest....^

Rambuster Jan 25, 2008 2:13 pm

A friend had his AF Plat status matched to BD*G about 18 months ago.

Tiger_lily Jan 25, 2008 2:57 pm

About 6 years ago, *A spammed me about 4 times in 6 months offering a status match from Flying Dutchman gold. You would have thought that *A would willingly match gold status from any Skyteam or OneWorld partner. Sounds like another lazy agent to me.

sniles Jan 31, 2008 8:10 am

Had my FB Plat recently matched to gold. Joanna was very helpful.

G_G Jan 31, 2008 4:03 pm

had my FB Plat matched after few days, 9 months ago ^

NickB Jan 31, 2008 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 9134983)
About 6 years ago, *A spammed me about 4 times in 6 months offering a status match from Flying Dutchman gold. You would have thought that *A would willingly match gold status from any Skyteam or OneWorld partner. Sounds like another lazy agent to me.

Presumably that was during the *A UK status match campaign? If so, you cannot draw any conclusions from it. You could get a status match on almost any *A airline (of course, SQ did not participate as usual), including LH, with status on any non-*A airline. So your Ukraine International Panorama Club "Premium card" would have got you SEN status on LH.
I would not rank chances of LH doing that now very high. :)

OttoMH Feb 2, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks for the pointers!

I'll fire off an email and see what happens! Wish me luck!

fakecd Apr 15, 2008 6:37 am

Hi, I didn't want to start a new thread so let me build onto this.

Is this Joanna lady still reachable at diamond DOT club AT flybmi.com? I'm a OW Saphhire with (Gold member of Cathay Pacific, took that's 60k in a year) and wish to jump ship from BA to BMI whilst I'm on expat to UK. or should I send fax requesting enrolment and compt to BMI *Gold at 44 (0)1623 724099?

Thanks
Ted

GoldCircle Apr 17, 2008 8:33 am

Originally Posted by OttoMH (Post 9128071)
Couldn't find any answers in the master status-match sticky for Diamond Club.

Oh, it's there all right, right in the Do they comp? section.

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 9574825)
Is this Joanna lady still reachable at [email protected]? ...or should I send fax requesting enrolment and compt to BMI *Gold at 44 (0)1623 724099?

Even a cursory read of the bmi board will indicate that not only is Joanna still there, she's also here on the bmi board also. Either way of contacting here should work.

Experiences posted variously across the boards indicate that people's status is quietly changed in a 1-2 week timeframe, depending on the workload in the department that looks after these things, an email/fax reply is not normally received in response, and it usually take 3-6 weeks for your pack with cards, vouchers and tags to arrive.

Hope this helps to clarify.

peter42 Apr 17, 2008 8:43 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 9588633)
Oh, it's there all right, right in the Do they comp? section.

Even a cursory read of the bmi board will indicate that not only is Joanna still there, she's also here on the bmi board also. Either way of contacting here should work.

Experiences posted variously across the boards indicate that people's status is quietly changed in a 1-2 week timeframe, depending on the workload in the department that looks after these things, an email/fax reply is not normally received in response, and it usually take 3-6 weeks for your pack with cards, vouchers and tags to arrive.

Hope this helps to clarify.

When is BMI's turn date for granting status until 02/10 instead of 02/09 or is it alaways 12 month rolling?

GoldCircle Apr 17, 2008 9:00 am

Alway 12 months rolling ^ (or 13 in practise)

fakecd Apr 18, 2008 5:27 am

Goldcircle:
thanks on your informative answer. As you guessed it, I seldom visits this particular forum on FT thus my ignorance. thanks for your understanding.