Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Terminal 2 - First Class Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Terminal 2 - First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by thegoderic
I'm with irmster on this one. The T2 lounge is very pleasant and a nice place to spend a couple of hours. I've never tried the T1 UA lounge, but if it is the same as the others, the T2 lounge is way better (and doesn't change for drinks either).
My problem is that I'm in Y on BD, so my only lounge access will be in T1.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:39 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by irmster
sorry mate - I don't think it's tired or 70s at all. oh well....
well, I do...mate...oh well....
Old Oct 30, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by renalt130
These days I guess they have to have one since they charge for drinks.
When did this start? They were free when I went in August.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by crowe
When did this start? They were free when I went in August.
It's been reported in the USAir forum that after the America West/USAir merger all lounges would start charging for drinks. However, if you were there just a couple of months ago, maybe they haven't started charging in LAS yet. Would be nice.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by irmster
much nicer than that imo....
Just resurrecting this thread, but I now feel qualified to comment on the LAS terminal 2 lounge as that is where I am currently sat typing into my laptop.

Now, being from Leeds I am quite sophisticated, and this lounge is perfectly fine, and the decor quite nice. Certainly not in a 70's style. Snacks could be a bit better though.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:20 pm

US Airways lounge

I tried the US Airways lounge back in Apr (has Star Alliance Gold clearly posted outside) and I was booked on a LAS-LAX on UA/Ted and was told bluntly no entry with my BMI *G card. Pretty shocking in my view, probably the rudest staff at any lounge i've encountered.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by kawoh
I tried the US Airways lounge back in Apr (has Star Alliance Gold clearly posted outside) and I was booked on a LAS-LAX on UA/Ted and was told bluntly no entry with my BMI *G card. Pretty shocking in my view, probably the rudest staff at any lounge i've encountered.
I had no problems getting in using my BD*G in August.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
I had no problems getting in using my BD*G in August.
Nor I, with family, in July - flying US LAS-SAN

I had problems tho with the dragon in SNA RCC, when flying US SNA-LAS After a major and frank exchange of views, the ancient fire breather eventually allowed the family and I to enter the hallowed portals of the RCC
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:17 am

us vs ua

i suspect the prob is when we use our BD*G cards when flying on UA on Ted rather than BD or US...
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:08 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by kawoh
i suspect the prob is when we use our BD*G cards when flying on UA on Ted rather than BD or US...
If you have problems, shoot me a PM and I will go in and speak with management. *Alliance rules apply and you clearly are entitled to access.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Ringway Rambler
I'll be travelling from LAS shortly and have been looking at information regarding the lounge on the bmi site. It reads as follows....

lounges
The 'First Class Lounge' operated by McCarran Airport (Terminal 2) is available to our passengers travelling in 'the business', no guest permitted. Regretably access is not granted to bmi diamond club members or Star Alliance cardholders.

Presume that it's the only lounge in the terminal then, and a little on the diddy side if guests aren't welcome? Priority Pass only has lounges in Termainal 1 too.

Having never used this terminal, I would be interested to know the thoughts of fellow *A FTers that have first hand experience and/or were caught out by this regime when not travelling in C.

RR
So, does this mean that it is open to all customers traveling in first or business class? What else is in terminal 2?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mktozd
So, does this mean that it is open to all customers traveling in first or business class? What else is in terminal 2?
Im not sure if this post is up to date, because I used a *A lounge last year, and used my BMI card. From what I remember, this is the only business area where you can go to, and it sits just before you hit security.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Everything on this thread is badly out of date - that's why we don't bump old threads. In general, if it is a *G lounge and you are *G (excluding UA/CO/US I believe) you can enter. First and Business, likely not, unless it is an international itinerary.

bmi no longer fly to Las Vegas, or anywhere else remotely interesting, so this thread is worth its weight in dust. There is a Las Vegas forum - and the various *A airlines also have their own fora, as does *A itself.

Thread closed.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.