Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Joining Diamond club without boarding passes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2004, 7:15 am
Original Poster

I have booked to fly BMI in July on an e-ticket. Will they accept the booking ref instead of boarding passes. I was hoping to join prior to flying.

Also, is there any sort of refer a member scheme?
Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper
I have booked to fly BMI in July on an e-ticket. Will they accept the booking ref instead of boarding passes. I was hoping to join prior to flying.

Also, is there any sort of refer a member scheme?
I recently joined without any boarding passes or even a booking reference! The registration process can take a few weeks though.

There is a refer a member scheme, with bonuses both for you and the referring member. Do a search on this forum for "Member get member" or "MGM".
Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

Does anyone want to do the MGM with me then?
Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: DC silver
Mgm

PM me you email address and name.

Last edited by deee; Jun 23, 2004 at 11:50 am
Old Jun 23, 2004, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Would someone like to MGM me into Diamond Club as well. Even though I am in Canada, I have approval (written) to join DC but have held off because my lastest BD flight was over 3 months ago.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
Would someone like to MGM me into Diamond Club as well. Even though I am in Canada, I have approval (written) to join DC but have held off because my lastest BD flight was over 3 months ago.
My pleasure MapleLeaf If you would PM me with your name and email address I'll do the needful.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Thanks guys I got a few replies - took the first one into my mailbox

Now it says you need boarding passes to become a member but does not say 3 months... the only ones I can find for BD are 2 years old or so (I never keep them)... will that cut it or am I SOL?

Should have something posted to them this weekend, once I get the boarding pass thing figured out.

Cheers
Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:41 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I'd ignore the BP requirement, I've never heard of it being enforced.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:53 am

Country of residence requirements

The BMI DC application form states that membership is open only to residents of the UK, Ireland, Belgium, France, Netherlands and Spain. Is this enforced?

I'm a resident of Denmark and *A member of SAS EB. I also hold an AmEx International Dollar Card with tons of MR points that I would like to transfer to a *A FF account. The only *A option is BMI.

But I neither have boarding passes (nor plan to fly BMI in the near future), nor do I live in one of the permitted countries of residence.

If the boarding pass issue is not enforced, what about country of residence?

What are my chances of enrolling in DC, transferring my AmEx MR points to DC, and then booking reward travel on SAS?

Any advice is most welcome!

Susan
Old Jun 30, 2004, 7:00 am
Suspended

The country of residence is enforced. To get around it, I chatted with the BD country manager for Canada, explained my desire to join their program, 2 emails later a response came back from Corporate granting me a waiver to join
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:12 am

I'm happy to MGM anyone else who wants to join!
Old Jul 27, 2004, 3:13 pm
Suspended

I just got my welcome package today in Canada No BP's sent in, just the referral application and a waiver letter for country of residency.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 1:26 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
From other threads I have read I don't think they enforce the BP issue, however one sure fired way is just to sign up for the credit card, theu join you up and gicve you 20k miles.

tht

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.