Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by teflon
Seems happy here in Chrome on a Mac. My balance is 0.5 destination miles. I wonder how far that'll take me?
Also working on Firefox/Mac.

I think I can get a bit further than you

Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Phew - I'm now in too
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I may need to change my email address soon. As this is what we have to use to log-in now I feel a bit nervous of making the change.
Nicci. Will the change be instant or will I need to try old and new email addresses each time until it's changed?

(As my membership with BD doesn'r expire until January 2013 I am not opening up an Executive Club account until as late as I can)

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
I wondered whether the residual balances of 0.5 DC miles were there to keep accounts open rather than being zeroed out.

I checked my account and sure enough found my balance was 0.5. Theory good so far. Then Mrs Roger checked her account: balance 0.

Another theory bites the dust.

FWIW we both transferred our main balances last month and our latest MBNA miles a couple of days ago.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had a balance of 1,815 miles, which I transferred. When I went back in, I still had 0.9 of a mile. I hate writing any miles off, but in this case - as I'm about to cancel the Amex before the next annual charge appears - I suppose I'll have to lump it!

On a separate subject, Mrs NWIFlyer's sex shows as 'Male' (which amuses her), and neither of us has a DOB. Is this likely to cause a problem with the BEAC status match, or are other accounts showing the same issues?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's not working for me.

It is now.

Last edited by HIDDY; Oct 28, 2012 at 8:55 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: BD,Skyteam,QF
From DUB I'm getting 'broken link' for the new site. I know that only UK miles are ok until the end of the year, so mine won't be (but I've transferred them all already), so I wonder if the site is location sensitive?
IE and Chrome have the same response.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
It's not location sensitive, I'm not in the UK and can open the site.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I used to sign in with my DC number and password. Just managed to get in using my registered email address and password.
Ahh thanks - email address rather than DC number as ID did the trick!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Roger
I wondered whether the residual balances of 0.5 DC miles were there to keep accounts open rather than being zeroed out.
I was involved in the conversion of NZ's programme from 'old' to 'new' currency in 1999 and was given a 5 decimal place conversion factor that the financial team had worked out. Each individual transaction had to be adjusted followed by being rounded to an integer number of points such that the sum of all credits and debits added up to the overall balance converted and rounded .

That led to some odds and sods of balances being stored internally. I wonder if something similar has happened at DC at some point. Not while I've been with them, but maybe before ?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
When the new DC database was installed a year or two back, bonuses (COS, status etc.) were were recalculated automatically and there were some rounding issues - and I guess we're just seeing a dirty output from that database, or a poorly defined rounding algorithm on the new side.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
I've tried logging in with my DC number - no joy. Got my password reset in case that was the problem. Tried my DC number with the new password - no joy. Tried my email address with the new password - no joy. Would be good if Nicci could advise who we should contact to try to sort out how to access accounts as I think I've tried all options.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
I've tried logging in with my DC number - no joy. Got my password reset in case that was the problem. Tried my DC number with the new password - no joy. Tried my email address with the new password - no joy. Would be good if Nicci could advise who we should contact to try to sort out how to access accounts as I think I've tried all options.
I have done exactly the same and can't yet log on. Also when I tried submitting a contact us form it says my email address (you know the one they just sent the reset password to) is invalid.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Likewise. I'm unable to access my account.

I have ended up sending them an e-mail via the online form.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Currently diamondclub.org is down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.