Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important news about diamondclub.org : LIVE from 10am 27 Oct

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Aelious
Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this solution won't work because my Diamond Club email is fake. If my Diamond Club email is fake, then I can't receive emails from Diamond Club. My email is fake. Consequently, I can't receive emails.
Did you not foresee this as a risk when signing up for a service with a fake email address?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by cristo
Originally Posted by Aelious
Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this solution won't work because my Diamond Club email is fake. If my Diamond Club email is fake, then I can't receive emails from Diamond Club. My email is fake. Consequently, I can't receive emails.
Did you not foresee this as a risk when signing up for a service with a fake email address?
Fake real address I understand, but fake email???
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
================================================== ========

Christmas quiz : Spot the Difference.
FYI - I did get the double miles this month for the BA and even got a call from MBNA marketing.

Now just trying to work out whether this promotion is still active or whether I just need to revert back to using the BA Amex.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
My news and offers page has been showing blank for at least the last week.

Although if in doubt use the BA Amex.

I noticed recently (when I checked) that the cover for delayed luggage is better with the BA Amex than it is with my considerably more expensive Amex Platinum. I think the cover for the BA Amex requires you to pay on the card, whereas the Platinum one just requires you to buy your tickets with an Amex card.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:03 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by layz
I think the cover for the BA Amex requires you to pay on the card, whereas the Platinum one just requires you to buy your tickets with an Amex card.
I believe it has to be an Amex-issued Amex, so not an MBNA card.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
FYI - I did get the double miles this month for the BA and even got a call from MBNA marketing.

Now just trying to work out whether this promotion is still active or whether I just need to revert back to using the BA Amex.
I did not receive the advertised 2x miles for BA bookings using my DC MC in November/December. These were mostly award flights, though one was a [rather pricey] WT+ revenue flight.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chalf
I did not receive the advertised 2x miles for BA bookings using my DC MC in November/December. These were mostly award flights, though one was a [rather pricey] WT+ revenue flight.
You will need to call MBNA to get them.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Eagle-eyed viewers may have noticed that the wording on the website login page has changed from "User Name" to "Email address".

So logging in by your DC number is definitely off the menu now.
Well what do you know ?

The screen prompt has changed again, to "E-mail Address \ Membership Number:" and you can now log in with your DC account number.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:08 am
soy

Programs: various
Well what do you know ?

The screen prompt has changed again, to "E-mail Address \ Membership Number:" and you can now log in with your DC account number.
That change happened sometime in Dec, as it was changed when I went in for the last time on Dec 26th
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I called MBNA today to ask about this - the girl I spoke to didn't know, and after going away to check, couldn't find anything about it either.
(So I just booked with my Amex Gold to guarantee 2 MR points per Ł1 rather than a vague 1.5 or 3 destination miles per Ł1)
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Did we figure out the underlying purpose and hence lifetime of dc.org? Is it somehow aligned with the tail end partner tie-ups? And is MBNA the only one of those? So when that runs out the site will probably finally wind down?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Did we figure out the underlying purpose and hence lifetime of dc.org? Is it somehow aligned with the tail end partner tie-ups? And is MBNA the only one of those? So when that runs out the site will probably finally wind down?
Yes, I think that this is correct. When the mbna deal is at an end, I suspect that there will be a final deadline for remaining members to transfer their DC miles to baec, after which DC will be closed for good, the lights turned off and the website decommissioned.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Has anybody confirmed when the double miles Nov/Dec offer actually started as I made some bookings on BA.com in November and I want to see whether I should chase the miles or not?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Has anybody confirmed when the double miles Nov/Dec offer actually started as I made some bookings on BA.com in November and I want to see whether I should chase the miles or not?
The MBNA agent I spoke to told me that they (MBNA) weren't aware of the double BA miles promo and so had to go away and find out what was going on. On his return, he advised that the offer had indeed gone up on dc.org on 27 Oct, so they would arrange a special credit of double miles for my spend on ba.com after that date. My request for double miles for spend on ba.com earlier in October (based on the fact there was no "from" date on the promo) was politely batted away.

We noted that by Dec 11 the offer had been removed from dc.org, so I would reckon you are due double miles for spend between 27 Oct and 11 Dec. You'll have to call, though, to get them.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 11, 2013 at 4:05 am
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
The MBNA agent I spoke to told me that they (MBNA) weren't aware of the double BA miles promo and so had to go away and find out what was going on. On his return, he advised that the offer had indeed gone up on dc.org on 27 Oct, so they would arrange a special credit of double miles for my spend on ba.com after that date. My request for double miles for spend on ba.com earlier in October (based on the fact there was no "from" date on the promo) was politely batted away.

We noted that by Dec 11 the offer had been removed from dc.org, so I would reckon you are due double miles for spend between 27 Oct and 11 Dec. You'll have to call, though, to get them.
Thanks ^ - on the phone now

EDIT: Bah - the agent knew nothing as expected and now the Marketing team are being involved and I'll get a call back.

Last edited by Tiger_lily; Jan 11, 2013 at 4:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.