Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC closing : Summary of questions to be answered

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC closing : Summary of questions to be answered

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
And those in Oceania get a free ride through circumstance? Seriously?

A room full of 4 year olds could have thought this through better.
What free ride? SWP Diamond Club members have had no status match, no mileage transfer and our accounts are about to be frozen while BA works out what to do.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Just trying to make sure I have the correct information WRT the precise timing of the end of partner earning (specifically Hilton). If I stay at a Hilton and check out on October 27th, will that stay earn DC destination miles (assuming my account is set that way)? What about a hotel stay checking in on the 27th and checking out on the 28th?

Thanks again Nicci for all your patience with us!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
What free ride? SWP Diamond Club members have had no status match, no mileage transfer and our accounts are about to be frozen while BA works out what to do.
KiwiFlyer, is there no mileage transfer from BMI to BA accounts for Australian BMI members? I did not realise that. Brother and family in Australia have a household account, and it is likely a couple of BMI award tickets may have to be cancelled. In that case, the miles will fall back into the Aussie BMI accounts. Will they then get orphaned when BMI closes down as there is no BA transfers? May be I should change their addresses to the UK too.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
is there no mileage transfer from BMI to BA accounts for Australian BMI members?
I think the point is (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that at the moment you can't have a BAEC account registered to an Australian address, since they want you to be part of the Qantas programme instead. It sounds as though this situation may change in the spring, but in the meantime Australia-based DC members who want somewhere to park their miles need to register for BAEC with an address outside the country.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by vindaloo
I think the point is (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that at the moment you can't have a BAEC account registered to an Australian address, since they want you to be part of the Qantas programme instead. It sounds as though this situation may change in the spring, but in the meantime Australia-based DC members who want somewhere to park their miles need to register for BAEC with an address outside the country.
Correct

With an address in the UK, though, if you think you might be cancelling a ticket after Jan 1st.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Well, no-one in my household, me included, have received anything today. So unless the e-mails are coming out in waves, it looks like there could be a significant issue here. FWIW, I received an e-mail confirming a DC-BAEC transfer yesterday to the email address on my DC account.
My email arrived, as it did for all but one family members, over the weekend.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
My family members' emails arrived but mine did not - although I'm usually a recipient of BMI news and offers.

In the new T&Cs (included with aforementioned emails) there seems to be a requirement that members of DC are over 18. Not sure how this will impact on under 18s' accounts - will they will be auto-closed like non-UK accounts or mothballed like SWP accounts? - but the implication would seem to be that DC and the MBNA cards will not be around long enough for our teenagers to wait until they are 18 and then take one out... This is a shame because the cards offer a nice sign-up bonus and are now a good way to earn Avios (particularly if you have an older card and can add additional users).
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Only one out of five emails here; it arrived late last night. Of five other friends, two report getting it over the weekend. So that's a total of three out of ten after three days.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Retrospective Credit

Will Diamond Club continue to process retrospective credit claims (mainly worrying about Hilton claims!) after 27 October for transactions that occurred BEFORE 27 October?

VMT
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
I hope BA and/or bmi have/are carefully checking the email databases so that this crucially important notice is getting out to all DC members.
I've never had any trouble as regards (not) receiving bmi emails - however, I never got this one! Got a slight shock to see this thread on here.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
And those in Oceania get a free ride through circumstance? Seriously?
I just wanted to pick up on this point from an otherwise excellent post.

It is at present impossible to join the BA Executive Club if you offer an address in Australia or New Zealand as your residential address. However, given the likely dissolution of the BA/QF Joint Venture from April, it is clear that this arrangement will change, and that BA will in all likelihood accept new members from Australia and New Zealand.

Given that these are the only two countries (afaik) where one can't open a BAEC account, it means that they do deserve special attention - as they are not presently able to request the status match, or to transfer Diamond Club Destinations Miles to Avios. Otherwise, this would mean that AU and NZ members of Diamond Club would just lose any remaining miles after October 27, when there is nothing more that can be done with them other than transfer to Avios, an avenue that is currently blocked to these members.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by cfischer
So far I have managed quite well to get *A carriers to reroute me on their metal and have BMI re-issue the tickets.
Which *A carriers agreed to re-route you on their metal? SQ seems to be not interested. UA seems more amenable.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Hilton

What happens to hotel bookings already made for dates beyond 28th October where, prior to booking the hotel, BMi was selcted as the airline reward partner?

Will Hilton credit another airline partner in the members proflie?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
What happens to hotel bookings already made for dates beyond 28th October where, prior to booking the hotel, BMi was selcted as the airline reward partner?

Will Hilton credit another airline partner in the members proflie?
Yes, when you select a new default partner on your HiltonHHonors profile, that should be the one that ought to credit.

If concerned, you can simply ask the front desk to confirm the active choice when you check in, or look at the check-insheet you sign - they can change it on the spot if the change is not reflected.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
The airline partner is added at the time of booking and changing in your profile shouldn't alter that.

So any already booked will have bmi in the booking, but it's simple to change to whichever airline you prefer (I think Iberia is a better choice for Hilton Avios but I need to check).

I discovered this when I seen my BA number in a Hilton reservation, I quickly corrected them, they changed it at the desk and it credited to bmi.

I had made a rare Hilton booking just before the BA takeover, and the stay was after the takeover and 1:1 miles transfer was announced and so I wanted it to go to bmi. Since I was getting 1000 miles a night Hilton suddenly increased up my preference list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.