Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T1 - BMI Lounge with AMEX Plat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm flying LHR to DUB shortly. I've in the past used the BMI lounge entering with AMEX Plat. The flight number has changed to a BA one but the metal should still be BMI.

My question is, is the lounge still BMI and if so will I be able to access with my AMEX Platinum (UK issued)?

I also have a CX Gold and Priority Pass (same as all UK Amex Plat people).

Many thanks for your help and I've extensively searched but couldn't find and answer.

Last edited by enda1; Aug 2, 2012 at 4:47 am
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
When I was flying to Dublin recently I had a look at the lounge access guidelines in the London Room. It explicitly outlined the case of people accessing the lounge on non-BD coded flights.

bmi Amex lounge access is only when flying on a BD code, so as Dublin is now BA 8xxx you'll not be able to gain access with an Amex card.

As most flights have now moved over to BA codes it's now not really much of a benefit anymore.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads-up. Though not the answer I was hoping to hear
Any advice then on any lounge I could access in T1 according to my circumstances?

Is the Servisair one accessible to passengers flying to DUB?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enda1
Thanks for the heads-up. Though not the answer I was hoping to hear
Any advice then on any lounge I could access in T1 according to my circumstances?

Is the Servisair one accessible to passengers flying to DUB?
Yes, if you have a priority pass card (if not request one from Amex). It's in the main departures hall, before you pass the photo checkpoint for UK & Ireland.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Will the CX card not work in the bmi/BA lounge if it is a BA flight?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
It would.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Will the CX card not work in the bmi/BA lounge if it is a BA flight?
Oh yeah, of course! Only read the message quickly and answered the bit about Amex plat (the card itself) and forgot about the CX gold it gives you now (not bothered getting it as I'm BA silver).
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I have a LHR-DUB coming up and as a BA Gold MMB is now telling me I can use the Great British Lounge. Is this right?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the responses. It looks like its only the Servisair lounge that's accessible for us. BA seems to specifically exclude DUB as a destination for access to the International Lounge and specifically exclude DUB and domestic flyers from accessing the "UK and Ireland" lounge with oneworld cards according to their website.

The following copied and pasted from the BA website:

"Lounge information

The British Airways and bmi International Lounge

The lounge is located at Gate 5, and is open to the following customers travelling on international flights operated by British Airways and bmi (excluding Dublin):

British Airways flights:

Club Europe
Flexible Economy (Hanover flights only)
British Airways Executive Club Gold and Silver members
bmi Diamond Club Gold and Silver members
oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members
bmi flights:

bmi Business Class
The British Airways and bmi UK and Ireland Lounge

The lounge is located next to Gate 8, and is open to the following customers travelling on domestic bmi flights within the UK and to Dublin:

bmi Flexible Economy
Arrivals Lounge

The arrivals lounge is located in the Departure Hall on the Upper Level landside.

Access is by invitation only for customers arriving on bmi flights landing before 12:00 from Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.

The lounge is open from 05:00 until 14:00 for the following customers.

bmi Business Class
bmi Diamond Club Gold members"
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
Yes, if you have a priority pass card (if not request one from Amex). It's in the main departures hall, before you pass the photo checkpoint for UK & Ireland.
In my OP, "Platinum Pass" was meant to read "Priority Pass".

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I have a LHR-DUB coming up and as a BA Gold MMB is now telling me I can use the Great British Lounge. Is this right?
No, it's a glitch. Only "The London Room".

Thanks all for the responses. It looks like its only the Servisair lounge that's accessible for us. BA seems to specifically exclude DUB as a destination for access to the International Lounge and specifically exclude DUB and domestic flyers from accessing the "UK and Ireland" lounge with oneworld cards according to their website.
You could try with your OW elite at "The London Room" - I know a someone who had success that way. The downside is that you can't really get back to the main terminal if you are declined.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

I can confirm from inside the lounge right now that the cx sapphire card works to allow access to the bmi lounge. Great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.