FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   No seats (then some seats) on Sunday from BHD-LHR! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1361602-no-seats-then-some-seats-sunday-bhd-lhr.html)

antichef Jun 29, 2012 4:05 am

No seats (then some seats) on Sunday from BHD-LHR!

Just a bit surprised to see that there were no seats at all on any flight when I tried to book an hour ago, and there are now seats only on the 0650 at the bargain price of £282!

I am going EI

layz Jun 29, 2012 4:40 am

Originally Posted by antichef (Post 18841317)
Just a bit surprised to see that there were no seats at all on any flight when I tried to book an hour ago, and there are now seats only on the 0650 at the bargain price of £282!

I am going EI

LHR-EDI is acting weird too. This morning nothing available for today from LHR-EDI (which is believable due to issues with the trains today), now there's fares showing but on the more expensive rates but oddly enough no availability on Sunday for the return.

GoldCircle Jun 29, 2012 5:34 am

A319 -> A320?

or perhaps an airframe with a different seating arrangement? BA ops or bmi ops?

FlyingOnceMore Jun 29, 2012 7:42 am

BHD pricing continues to be regularly 'weird'. Has been since the move to the BA booking engine. A few days of normality followed by a day, possibly two, of crazy revenue management; often with nothing but fully flex £250+ each way fares available for months ahead.

layz Jun 29, 2012 8:14 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 18841993)
BHD pricing continues to be regularly 'weird'. Has been since the move to the BA booking engine. A few days of normality followed by a day, possibly two, of crazy revenue management; often with nothing but fully flex £250+ each way fares available for months ahead.

bmi would never do a thing like that :)

antichef Jun 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Now strangely enough I seem to remember people talking about a mysterious thing called "Business Class" that bmi used to do. It used to cost about £230 one way from BHD-LHR and v/v. It clearly was not suited to the tightening of belts a few years ago when bean counters could no longer sanction Business class on UK and short intra-europe hops, so I think somebody came up with "Flexible Economy", which did not include a thermonuclear toastie and was available at the bargain price of about £240. So that was OK as it was only economy.

Thank goodness there is no chance that the new owners of the BHD-LHR route show any signs of following in those footsteps, as I have been able to get an economy ticket these last few weeks on the 0850 for about £245. I know this must be reasonable because I was usually commuting to LCA and the BA leg from LHR-LCA in Club was usually about only marginally more expensive as the BHD-LHR leg, and I was so frustrated by the BD sector - only made sweeter by the lovely lounge and FA staff! Now the BA LHR-LCA is so astronomical that economy is more expensive than A3 in Business! Captive markets etc.

On the plus side my change of flights meant I made *G on A3 in a month, just at the same time as my status match came through!!