Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The avios transfer tool. The BA site says it is available, but I can't find it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Using the transfer tool:
You can transfer as many destinations miles as you like at the rate of 1:1. Simply log in to your Executive Club account and go to the ‘Manage My Account’ page. Here you’ll find a link to the transfer destinations miles tool under the ‘Your Options’ section.
Before you start a transfer please ensure that your contact details, including your name, email address and date of birth are up to date in both your Diamond Club and Executive Club accounts. Transfers can be made between individual accounts, but unfortunately transfers into Household Account balances are not possible.
Transfer your destinations miles now
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
July 3rd is when this is scheduled to make an appearance.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I agree, but the site talks as if it is actually there, however, under combine my miles, it only shows Iberia.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I agree, but the site talks as if it is actually there, however, under combine my miles, it only shows Iberia.
bmi have been teaching BA a thing or two about running a website
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:21 am
Suspended

Where's your date of birth on the DC site? Can't find it to check. Not that I can think why it'd be wrong.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:57 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Dear all

We are preparing the website ahead of the transfer tool being available on 03 July so you may see some references to this on ba.com where this will be available, including the terms and conditions.

If we do manage to get this ready earlier than 03 July I will let you know so that you can send me any feedback or questions you may have.

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
DC doesn't actually require your date of birth; and BAEC only has it in the context of APIS data. I can't seem to find any option in Diamond Club to register APIS data.

I think it will be OK to overlook this requirement of matching dates of birth.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Your DOB is hidden in your personal data and definitely not visible on the DC site (might have been visible many moons ago but it's so long ago I can't remember and may have made that bit up)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oh yes, you are right. Looking at the DC sign-up form, they do (of course) request a Date of Birth.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Yep, you add your DOB at DC sign up for it never to be seen again, so if you made an error all those months, years, decades ago, there's no way to fix it. Not clever, given BA seem to want it as part of the check process for transfers.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:58 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Yep, you add your DOB at DC sign up for it never to be seen again, so if you made an error all those months, years, decades ago, there's no way to fix it. Not clever, given BA seem to want it as part of the check process for transfers.
This seems unfair to me.

Members should not be holding BA responsble for members own mistatement of their own date of birth whether by accident or design. They would be the first to complain if someone transferred miles out of their BD account to any old Avios account by giving any old DOB. I can see the posts now ......

Most organisations use DOB as a viable and reasonable identitity check ... and if for example members had created mutliple accounts at some time in the past with false DOB's (and can't remember them!) or if they think they got it wrong ( ) then why not transfer one mile first to check it out. Simple.

The issue of non-matching dates of birth is not fairly an issue you can criticise BA for ... but is certainly an issue people would complain about if BA hadn't used it even as a first level security attempt as an ID and if then members had lost their balances through a very simple fraud. It doesn't prevent fraud but is simply a further layer of sensible protection designed to try and protect members balances.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
If we do manage to get this ready earlier than 03 July I will let you know so that you can send me any feedback or questions you may have.

Warm regards

Nicci
Thanks for the update Nicci. ^
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Also not clever if you make a mistake in your BAEC application. Having said that though at least your DOB is visible via the APD data.

One can only hope that BA have coded the app and not bmi IT
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:11 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all

You can call your local service centre to update your date of birth if you need to. In the event there is a genuine reason that it's not up to date or incorrect for some reason we will do what we can to help

regards

Nicci
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

You can call your local service centre to update your date of birth if you need to. In the event there is a genuine reason that it's not up to date or incorrect for some reason we will do what we can to help

regards

Nicci
Thanks for that Nicci ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.