Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

(Involuntary) Schedule Changes For Star Alliance Awards after May 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Involuntary) Schedule Changes For Star Alliance Awards after May 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I have been rebooked and re ticketed by SQ for a non existent schedule change.

My new ticket issued on 236 stock was issued by SINSQ0ERS so it appears other carriers can do these re-issues. Ticket endorsed *M*INVOL REROUTE AS PER IATA 735D / DUE ASC ORIGINAL FARE RULES APPLY.

Why this has been done is a mystery though as there was no schedule change or routing change!
If your new ticket is on 236 stock, it will have been reissued by BD, not by SQ.

Incidentally, I have an award booked before the deadline and which had no change whatsoever which was issued with the INVOL REROUTE annotation.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raikje
Ah, but is that not what always would have happened? SAA cancel a flight, protect you onto another flight, and it shows as UN (unable, does not operate) for the original (cancelled) sectors and TK (confirmed, timechange) for the replacements. However, does this not require the ticket to be reissued? At which point it won't show the timechange, and will just show "confirmed".
Indeed, at some point, DC will call/email you and ask you to confirm the change (assuming you have not spontaneously done so first), at which point the ticket will be reissued
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by NickB
If your new ticket is on 236 stock, it will have been reissued by BD, not by SQ.

Incidentally, I have an award booked before the deadline and which had no change whatsoever which was issued with the INVOL REROUTE annotation.
Just checked my bookings, all the ones with SQ flights on them were reissued on 2nd June with ticketing office as SINSQ0ERS.

No changes have been made to any of the endorsements, still the original "DC MILES PLUS CASH BOOKIN/ RESTRICTIONS APPLY" and all the same flights and times.

Is this BMI somehow giving up "ownership" of the ticket or authority to SQ to make changes to it? All are still issued on BMI 236 stock.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Ah, but is that not what always would have happened? SAA cancel a flight, protect you onto another flight, and it shows as UN (unable, does not operate) for the original (cancelled) sectors and TK (confirmed, timechange) for the replacements. However, does this not require the ticket to be reissued? At which point it won't show the timechange, and will just show "confirmed".

What does eitr.amadeusasia.com show for your e-ticket?
Quick email to DC saying I have noticed the proposed changes and that I accept them. A couple of hours later the eTicket has been reissued and shows the replacement flights, along with the usual involuntary reroute annotation and as you suggest, the flights now all show status "confirmed". Simples.

Last edited by JeffBHD; Jun 6, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I have a different example. An error has been made in the ticket that has been issued. I noticed that my ticket was issued by ICC with a 10min connection time between 2 flights. The connecting flight was not the one I suggested to the ICC, but another one the ICC agent had said would work.

I asked the ICC 2 days ago whether 10min was a sufficient connection time between these flights. The ICC agreed it is not and we both agreed that a correction is needed. There is still award availability on a later flight on same routing on same airline that day. So I suggested to the ICC that they approach the operating airline and ask for a later flight to be booked on the same day. Award availability is still showing to me for the later flights, although the ICC cannot see them since 31st May.

2 full days later the ticket has not been reissued. There is still only 10min between the two flights. I'll chase this up tomorrow. Will update here on results.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Quick email to DC saying I have noticed the proposed changes and that I accept them. A couple of hours later the eTicket has been reissued
Sounds promising... I'm no Amadeus expert, but does this mean that BD can still issue *A tickets on 236 stock, but just aren't able to access X/I/O inventory themselves? So if the operating carrier involuntarily moves you onto new flights, BD can accept the changes and reticket, but BD can't make voluntary changes or book new flights?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:15 pm

I get this on one of my SQ itineraries:

Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Ah yes, on closer examination it appears that one of my reservations has been touched by the SINSQ0ERS ticketing office too. No changes, same ticket number, still issued on 236 stock. Very odd...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I get this on one of my SQ itineraries:

Where are you seeing this?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Sounds promising... I'm no Amadeus expert, but does this mean that BD can still issue *A tickets on 236 stock, but just aren't able to access X/I/O inventory themselves? So if the operating carrier involuntarily moves you onto new flights, BD can accept the changes and reticket, but BD can't make voluntary changes or book new flights?
Looks like it ^. Should put a lot of minds to rest.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have had UA schedule changes and they put me on another flight. BD was able to re-ticket it w/o any issues. Sounds like this works pretty well right now.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr
Where are you seeing this?
It's on Amadeus: http://202.176.221.202/ or http://eitr.amadeusasia.com/
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Ah yes, on closer examination it appears that one of my reservations has been touched by the SINSQ0ERS ticketing office too. No changes, same ticket number, still issued on 236 stock. Very odd...
Same here - with June 2, date.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
An error has been made in the ticket that has been issued. I noticed that my ticket was issued by ICC with a 10min connection time between 2 flights. ...Will update here on results.
After four days of watching Amadeus and not seeing any change to the incorrect ticket I phoned the ICC again this evening. The agent I followed this up with this evening wanted me to go through the available award flights again, with exact flight numbers and timings, that I had already given the ICC agent I spoke with in the same detail, four days ago. Whereupon he immediately emailed the corrected itinerary with the new flights, and said he would resubmit it for the ticket to be reissued with the replacement flights immediately.

So... it looks like the agent I spoke to 4 days ago did not follow up to correct the problem. He had claimed he could not see the award flights I could see (reasonable, as this was after 31st March). The agent this evening couldn't see them either, but was able to book them after asking me to give him the exact flight numbers and timings again. So not sure if the first agent was not trained, or if there could be some new arrangement where the ICC agent can enter flight numbers where necessary to amend a ticket but cannot search for them? In any case my problem is now solved but I'm glad I checked and chased.

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Jun 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:28 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
I'm booked on a reward flight with TAP in August. My mother is booked on to the same flight via Opodo.

A week or so she got an e-mail advising her of a schedule change. Several days later, BMI sent me another copy of my confirmation e-mail (nothing about a "schedule change")

In both e-mails, the details of our flights appear to be exactly the same. I'm a bit confused

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.