Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: Virgin : Earning and spending on VS ends 31 Aug 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Partner: Virgin : Earning and spending on VS ends 31 Aug 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by dunas_dog
Has it now been confirmed that you cannot redeem (only earn) destination miles on non Star Alliance partners (Virgin, Qatar, Transaero and Jet Airways)? From bmi website it no longer seems possible as only bmi operated flights show under "Spend your miles". So from Edinburgh for example can only redeem to Brussels, Copenhagen, Manchester and Zurich.
That looks like it's handling redemptions for bmi Regional flights, which I think is the plan for the future. The call centre might be able to do the other routes.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
The partner redemption table is still there and nothing has been announced about withdrawal (I would guess it won't be long though).
Link no longer works. Looks like partner flights now gone
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jdbelfast
Link no longer works. Looks like partner flights now gone
Don't assume broken website = awards gone. This is bmi after all, the list of hotel partners disappeared and then reappeared recently

I can't see them lasting much longer though.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The link still works but only when you're logged out. If you use it while logged in you just get to the home page.

In fact I can't find a route to this table at all while logged in. I'll miss bmi.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Drop dead date is 31 August 2012.

In his blog, Raffles reports the VS/BD relationship will end on 31.08.2012. The VS website says that all redemptions must be flown by 31.08.2012.

http://headforpoints.com/2012/07/17/...gust/#comments

Originally Posted by VS
For new reward bookings please contact your local Flying Club helpline to check availability. Travel must be completed on or before 31 August 2012.
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...bfSubmit1.x=25

If reciprocated, my proposed VS flights in 2013 bookd with DC miles will not materialise.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Roger
Drop dead date is 31 August 2012.

In his blog, Raffles reports the VS/BD relationship will end on 31.08.2012. The VS website says that all redemptions must be flown by 31.08.2012.

http://headforpoints.com/2012/07/17/...gust/#comments

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...bfSubmit1.x=25

If reciprocated, my proposed VS flights in 2013 bookd with DC miles will not materialise.
That is only for new bookings. For existing bookings it says

All existing reward bookings on bmi for travel on or after 1 September 2012 will be honoured.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
That is only for new bookings. For existing bookings it says
Of course it does, but read on. It also says:
Originally Posted by VFC
For new reward bookings please contact your local Flying Club helpline to check availability. Travel must be completed on or before 31 August 2012.
Nothing from bmi yet. Has anybody told them?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Roger
Nothing from bmi yet. Has anybody told them?
There is no 'them' any more. It's all BA now.

There is an 'us' though and I'm sure BA will let us know in the next monthly update, if such a change is coming.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
There is no 'them' any more. It's all BA now.
Of course, though I was happy to receive an e-mail on Tuesday from a specific individual at 'British Midland Airways Limited trading as bmi, is registered in England and Wales, with registered number: 464648 and registered office: Donington Hall, Castle Donington, Derby, East Midlands, DE74 2SB' about an existing redemption booking.

In any event, Raffles spotted the change with VS and alerted us promptly. Assuming reciprocity and waiting for BA (and there was no mention of this in today's e-mail from BA) could mean a very short window to redeem and fly VS using DC miles.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Of course, by 'them', I was referring to the Diamond Club front of house team - Keeley, Joanna, G******, N**** and D**.

A*** and K**** remain looking after the systems.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:28 pm

Hi

Yesterday I booked a VS Upper Flight to JFK in April 2013 so I can confirm bmi are still allowing Diamond Club redemptions on VS

Mark
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I see there's a new FAQ on the website which confirms VS becomes an ex-partner after 31 Aug.

EDIT: the link only seems to work when you're logged in. Sigh.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Flybmi Earning Table now states
Flights with Airline Partners

Please Note: From 1 September 2012 Diamond Club members will no longer be able to earn destinations miles on flights with Virgin Atlantic.
https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loy...s/flights.aspx
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
VS FAQs

I have a future booking on a non-Star Alliance partner (Virgin, Qatar, Transaero and Jet Airways). Will this earn destinations miles?
Bookings on non-Star Alliance partners (Virgin, Qatar, Transaero and Jet Airways) will continue to earn destinations miles. Please note, from 1 September 2012 you can no longer earn destinations miles on any bookings with partner airline Virgin Atlantic.

As a Diamond Club member, can I continue to earn destinations miles when I fly with airline partner Virgin Atlantic?
From 01 September 2012 you can no longer earn destinations miles on any bookings with partner airline Virgin Atlantic.

I have a future booking for travel with Virgin Atlantic. Will this be honoured and will I earn destinations miles as a Diamond Club member?
All future bookings, booked before 31 August 2012 with Virgin Atlantic will be honoured and you will continue to earn destinations miles until 31 August 2012. Please note from 01 September 2012 Diamond Club members will no longer be able to earn or spend destinations miles on flights with Virgin Atlantic.

I have a future redemption booking for travel with Virgin Atlantic, will this be honoured?
Any flight redemption bookings made before 31 August 2012 will be honoured. Please note from 01 September 2012 Diamond Club members will no longer be able to earn or spend destinations miles on flights with Virgin Atlantic.

I have a redemption booking with Virgin Atlantic which I need to amend. What should I do?
Until 31 August 2012, you are able to change your redemption booking by contacting the Diamond Club service centre. From 01 September 2012, unfortunately you will be unable to make any changes to an existing redemption booking that you have with Virgin Atlantic.

I have a redemption booking with Virgin Atlantic which I need to cancel. What should I do?
If you wish to cancel your redemption booking with Virgin Atlantic please contact the Diamond Club service centre.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:11 pm

Claiming and spending VS miles

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have 6 x return VS flights to Orlando (from a return flight yesterday) to claim back before the end of August, is the best way to expedite this to call DC office? The outbound flight from a few weeks ago hasn't been credited yet.

Also can I book VS flights with the credited miles for travel after 31st August and would this still be through ICC?

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.