Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status - Deal to be done, please!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold,HHonours Diamond,SPG Plat,Carlson Gold,Accor Plat,Etihad Gold
Status - Deal to be done, please!

Hi

I am currently a lowly Blue with BMI, with 13,933 status miles and around 169k destination miles.

I was aiming to get DC Silver and then migrate to BAEC Silver.

My city of origin is Belfast and I had hoped to secure the 2,067 status miles before BHD-LHR flights moved to BA. I have just seen that BHD-LHR flights will change on 27 June and on checking the flybmi.com site that bookings on the BHD-LHR route appear to only offer Economy (S,G class) seats meaning 0.5x miles - that's going to be 3 return trips on this route which is not going to happen.

However I recall that DC Gold could in the past gift Silver to friends and family for 55,000 destination miles (from memory) - if anyone would be kind enough to offer me this I would gladly transfer miles to your account to make up for this?

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigs1973
However I recall that DC Gold could in the past gift Silver to friends and family for 55,000 destination miles (from memory) - if anyone would be kind enough to offer me this I would gladly transfer miles to your account to make up for this?
Too late. This was discontinued a little over a month ago.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
How about the bmi PLUS credit card you get 4000 status miles for Ł85 fee.

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...ar31creditcard
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold,HHonours Diamond,SPG Plat,Carlson Gold,Accor Plat,Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by RedMark
How about the bmi PLUS credit card you get 4000 status miles for Ł85 fee.

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...ar31creditcard
Have it already and included in my status total
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: IB Platino
I wouldnt count the BMI to BA status match as a guarantee, a lot of BMI Silver members (myself included) have been refused status match due to apparently being blue members even though everything is ok on paper, so you may have a fight on your hands..
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by James1715
I wouldnt count the BMI to BA status match as a guarantee, a lot of BMI Silver members (myself included) have been refused status match due to apparently being blue members even though everything is ok on paper, so you may have a fight on your hands..
Refused on what grounds?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Mix up with records so it seems. Can't see why it should be hard to resolve though (I'm not saying it isn't).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.